Author Topic: Inside Dogs Finally!!!  (Read 3803 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Inside Dogs Finally!!!
« on: August 07, 2008, 05:37:32 pm »
When we move to San Antonio next month, the dogs won't have a fenced in yard so they will HAVE to stay indoors (YAY!!). So, I bought them their first crates and we are getting them used to them. They will be inside all the time now (except for potty and walks, of course). I'm so excited!! Looks like they don't mind the crates too much.

Hopefully, they will be just as quiet tonight when we go to bed.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lins_saving_grace

Re: Inside Dogs Finally!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 07:39:04 pm »
That's good to get a jump on getting them used to their crates.  I bet they'll surprise you and look forward to the change as much as you are.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 08:43:08 am »
I'm so proud!! Last night Kentucky and Derby spent the night in their crates in the living room and - NOT A PEEP!! Not even when the thunderstorm started this morning. They were so quiet, I almost forgot they were inside!

Why didn't we do this sooner??

They are at PetSmart getting bathed right now. Guess I'll have to pick up something special for them when I go back to get them.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 07:54:24 pm »
what good babies.  they will surprise you when they want to.  Crate training is hard, especially when they're used to being out of them.  I bet they are just excited about moving (or whatever they call this new change they sense is coming).