Author Topic: When will boys learn?  (Read 5523 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
When will boys learn?
« on: October 20, 2008, 03:37:11 pm »
So I was visiting my parents this weekend with Bear while Michael stayed home to work & go to class on Saturday. Everything was great and we were having  blast. Sunday morning after breakfast I get a phone call from an umber I don't know but I do know the area code & figure it is Michael. It is. He calls to tell me to meet him at the ER at home because he just broke his foot while riding his dirt bike! :o

I have told him 1,000 times to dress appropriately & slow down. At 33 he is no spring chicken & has a terrible back due to tons of accidents in his earlier, more careless days.  ::) Anyhow, Bear & I rush home to spend 2 hours in the ER. Today, we go to our primary doctor and spend 1 hour there then 6 more in the ER at UCLA waiting for new xrays & a cat scan. Turns out he needs surgery but it can't be done til the swelling goes down. I'm annoyed he didn't listen to begin with but now he is in pain & prmises to be carful & act appropriately.  :'( Let's hope right?  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: When will boys learn?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 06:07:55 pm »
Tell him he is supposed to stay ON the dirt bike, not fall off and then run over his own foot!  See, if he had just listened to you in the first place, he wouldn't have gotten hurt.  ;D

At least if he is laid up for awhile, he'll have more time to chat with us on BPO...   :D

(Sorry that you're hurt, Michael.  Take care and feel better soon!)
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 12:12:46 am »
NEVER! Boys will never learn! ::) :P
I am with Tina...My  hubby has a pretty big life policy because he drives like a maniac  >:(
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 01:13:24 am »
AWWWWW bumped out that he's hurt but.... they never learn!!!
It hard not to feel bad but at the same time a bit spiteful cuz they do these things to themselves!
Hope he feels better soon and hope you don't run yourself ragged keeping up with his "needs"!!  ;)  :D

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 01:30:59 am »
Well just be glad he acts like alittle boy because once they stop doing that they get old and very grumpy.  ;D :D ;) Hope he's not laid up too long cuz he'll probably drive you nuts just laying around!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Tonda

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 03:20:26 am »
I have a lot of male friends who do extreme adventure weekends on their motorcycles. All their stories seem to begin with the phrase "Hold ma beer. Watch this . . ." *eye roll* Somehow I am now picturing Michael at these events (yeah, they take place here in CA).

jesday

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 03:35:22 am »
At 33 he is no spring chicken

Oh please - my husband is 60 and still thinks he can barefoot water ski. :-\

Sorry my dear, I'm not thinking this phase will ware off anytime soon. The best we can do is kiss their wounds and hope they may be just a little bit smarter the next time ;)

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 05:21:29 am »
Yep, my husband is 35 and still rides his motorcycle to work everyday.  Which wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that we live in Seattle and the roads don't only suck but it rains all day every day!  Then again i'd be out there on mine but the whole montherly gene kicked in a few weeks ago and i'm worried to get my pregnant butt on my bike  :D ;)

P.S. Got thinking of what a nerd my hubby was and forgot the reason to this thread:  Good healing vibes your way Mikey!!!!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 08:10:45 am by BigSoftandFluffyLover »

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 05:34:01 am »
Was he alone while riding his dirt bike?

AudgePadge

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 08:30:33 am »
Wow, I hope Michael heals up quick!! Yes, gearing up would be wiser from now on...but as we all know...Men are Invincible! ::)

BTW...what is all this talk about it just being BOYS?! 

hahaha, maybe because my father wanted a boy, but he got me... ::) I can't tell you how many times I've said those very words..."WATCH THIS...." and then following up with "Woah! check this gash out! Can someone take me to ER?"

Hm... maybe it's just me...

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 11:00:17 am »
Im reading through all these posts and started to wonder:  Is there some connection between our love for our kookie characters on four paws and the men in our life?  Or more simply:  Or are men just men?  ;)

Thats it on the deep thoughts for the day ;)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 12:17:10 pm »
Was he alone while riding his dirt bike?

To make things worse, yes. He stupidly went to a new trail alone- I was 3 hours away and his brother (who keeps the bike in his garage) was in Mexico for the weekend.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.