Author Topic: 8 month old Mastiff pup is limping  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Riggsmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
8 month old Mastiff pup is limping
« on: October 20, 2008, 04:11:15 pm »
Hello all! We are new this site but were wondering if anyone might be able to help us out.  My boy Riggs is an 8 month old English Mastiff and he has begun to limp, favoring his left front leg.  I thought at first he may have twisted it, but it has been 4 days now and he is not getting any better.  Or worse for that matter.  I have searched his leg over and over but can not find anything.  He lets me check him, and nothing I do seems to hurt him.  I have put pressure on his joints, even trimmed the hair between his toes to see if there was something stuck in his foot, he just doesn't seem to be in any pain unless he is trying to walk on that paw.  If anyone has any advice, it would be great.  I was going to take him to the vet tomorrow, but some of the sites I was on recommended waiting up to two weeks to see a vet.  He is eating and wants to play as normal but I have been crating him a bit more often so he rests it.  I am very concerned about him.Thanks for any advice!

lorim2

Re: 8 month old Mastiff pup is limping
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 12:49:01 am »
I totally agree with Tina.  I would be at the vet when he opens, but then again I tend to worry.  At 8 mos it could be anything but rest your mind and go to the vet.  My vet did see Marley alot during his first year!  Welcome to the board ;)