Author Topic: NDR - Bryce is here  (Read 3614 times)

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
NDR - Bryce is here
« on: October 21, 2008, 05:50:30 am »
Bryce is finally here. He came on 10/6 at 2:24pm. Adak is adjusting wonderfully.

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: NDR - Bryce is here
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 06:08:05 am »
What a wonderful present!!  He is VERY beautiful.... I mean handsome! I just love his hair! And how is Mommy adjusting?!?
Please post more pictures!!! Congratulation s!!
Big BPO Higs and Kisses  :)  :-*

Modified to add: Just more cute things I noticed looking at his pictures!! :)

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 06:24:13 am by Apreston »

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 01:09:38 pm »
What a cutie pie!! 
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 01:43:59 pm »
Oh dear god, he's so tiny.

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 02:00:06 am »
Congrats on such a handsome little boy. Thank you for the pictures. We look forward to seeing more  ;)  ;)  ;D

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 04:54:12 am »
thank you! He really was not that tiny 7lbs 12 oz... he is my world

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 03:06:09 pm »
Sure, I wish I would have done things differently. Please feel free to pm me with any questions. It was not as easy as I thought and i do wish I would have done some things differently to prepare Adak. He was a bit stressed out at first and I had to resort to NILIF(Nothing In Life Is Free)and use the crate for the first few days as a "time out" and "de-stresser" for Adak, and include a bone or something for him to chew on so he knew he was not in trouble. Josh brought home the first hat and shirt Bryce wore and Adak sniffed and licked both of them. I would suggest playing sounds of babies crying and let the dogs hear them, that is what stressed Adak out the most then he wanted to kiss Bryce all the time, we have designated times now ie...first thing in the morning and when I say it is ok. When we brought Bryce home I came in first and gave Adak pets and loved on him then Josh brought the car seat in and let him sniff Bryce, he really did not know what to think and was panting very heavily and going poop a lot and it was runny for a few days. I called our breeder and asked for advice, Adak was a little jealous and also protective over Bryce at the same time and would nudge me and get in Bryce's face a lot. She suggested leash in house, like I did when he was a puppy to boundary train and re-establish my role as ALPHA, which I lost when I was pregnant and it worked. A lot of treats and praise when he would walk around the baby and after a few more days he was doing better, now when Bryce cries he it does not bother him, but if Bryce is in the bassinet and not in the same room Adak will come and look at me then we walk together to get Bryce. Really a lot of patience which when I left the hospital I was exhausted and understanding that to the dogs you are bringing a "puppy" or unknown thing in that is taking mommy's attention and mommy is holding a lot give them a "time out to relax place" that is comforting to them incase they stress and remember, it gets a lot better in a few days after you rest and get use to new routines (which change). When Bryce is sleeping and I am not, I designated special time for Adak, I will lie in the floor and pet him and love on him, or if i am holding Bryce and Adak comes up I ask him to sit and rub on him with my other hand that is not holding Bryce.