Author Topic: New doggie door for Clifford  (Read 7639 times)

lookingfornewf

New doggie door for Clifford
« on: October 27, 2008, 05:06:55 am »
Clifford got his new doggie door this weekend and is very happy about it. Of course one of my shoes is out in the yard now that I need to go retrieve. ::) Annie has had one for a long time, but I had trouble finding a big enough patio doggie door for Clifford. I couldn't find them in Canada, ended up ordering one from California to send to my mother in Indiana. She came to visit this weekend and brought it. He likes to stay outside a lot, but always comes to the door and barks just to see that I am still there and doesn't want in. He will feel better knowing he can come in whenever he wants to.

Offline GoofyNewfie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: New doggie door for Clifford
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 06:07:09 am »
I thought a Newfie doggy door consisted of a sawing off the bottom half of your door!  ;D ;)
Diesel, 6 month old Newf.

Tonda

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 07:41:30 am »
I'm going to have to buy and install and larger one for the pups at some point (or I'm going to have to buy it and my dad is gonna have to install it, LOL!). They're find with the one my Staffie used for now . . .

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 08:49:46 am »
Oh, that is the greatest! I have always wanted a doggie door big enough for all of mine to go through.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 01:37:49 pm »
I'm sooo jealous.  We don't have a patio door in our house so there's no way to put in a doggie door big enough unless we remove the back door and replace it with a flap!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 03:41:47 pm »
Is that a panel door that just sits in the sliding glass door?  My dad has 3 rat terrors, and yes, I spelled that correctly!, and a door like that would be perfect for him.
Our doggy door is cut into our steel door, it was already here when we moved in and my guys love it, especially Kira.
Gunner uses it when he has to go potty but to be outside to play he wont do unless I lock him out,  then he gets me back by digging in the yard.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

lookingfornewf

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 04:01:26 pm »
It's just a panel with a spring on top to fit different sizes of doors.The flap at the bottom that they go through has a door panel you can slide into it to close it. The whole door is easy to just take out if I don't want it in. They come in small to XXL. My only access to the back yard is the patio door, regular door ones are much cheaper and easier to find. I ordered this one off of ebay.

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 04:43:26 pm »
That is my dads problem as well,  only access to the back yard is through the sliding glass doors.
He was talking about putting a french door in that he could put a DD in but that is gonna cost him thousands.
I will definitly run this by him and i know I will have to find it for him. 
maybe that can be his xmas present.  He is getting too old to be getting up every half hour because someone wants to go out and chase squirrels and birds then come right back in.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak