Author Topic: Yellow Bile everywhere I turn!  (Read 6602 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Yellow Bile everywhere I turn!
« on: November 01, 2008, 07:09:47 am »
Derby threw up yellow bile three times this morning. The last time he vomitted there was a piece of bone in it so I figured that must be what was irritating him tummy.

As soon as i got done cleaning up the spots with my Dirt Devil Spot Scrubber, Kentucky threw up twice! Of course, the dogs can't throw up on the wood floor or linoleum, they have to always vomit on the carpet.

Kentucky's is also just yellow bile - no food, etc.

Should I be worried?
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline AnnaCrew

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
    • Come and pat Grace
Re: Yellow Bile everywhere I turn!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 10:59:52 am »
I would. First suggestion that would go my mind - bloat so check it out to be sure that it is not a bloat.
http://ozolkalni.blogspot.com/
Come and pat Grace athttp://en.uniteddogs.com/dog/16498

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 11:35:37 am »
How are the babies feeling?
I hope the tummies are all better.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 12:33:43 pm »
They are both still pretty active and Derby pooped on his last walk so I'm not too worried about bloat...at least I wasn't. They both ate. I'm keeping a close eye on them.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 12:43:29 pm »
I hope the puppers are feeling better.  Keep us updated.   
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 05:11:44 am »
we didn't do Halloween this year so no candy around here. I was out of town all week and came back on Friday.

They may have hoovered something on the ground on one of their walks, though.

Both dogs are doing well today, but 'Tucky was moaning and groaning real strange so we put her out on the balcony where she pooped. It was very soft and had a little blood in it.

She had poo like this last week, too and I had Aaron take it to the vet to get it checked. It tested negative for all parasites, but this keeps happening every week or so. It's just a little blood, but it's still blood.

I'm taking away the marrow bones they have been chewing on. I think maybe some little pieces are getting broken off and irritating their throats, stomachs and/or intestines.

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 05:55:10 am »
Poor babes. I hope they are feeling better. It would be so much easier if they could talk and say hey this is whats wrong. ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 05:55:32 am by Icerotti »

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 11:17:39 am »
I hope they are both feeling better now.  I'm not sure who is doing it but I have been coming home to a couple of yellow vomit marks on the beds.  So I started leaving a little extra food in their bowls while I am at work and it seems to have stopped the vomitting bile. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience