Author Topic: My husband is learning  (Read 6849 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
My husband is learning
« on: August 11, 2005, 05:29:26 pm »
Soooo Chris came home yesterday, and said he found something I would really really like. What did he get me?

He had found stone coasters and he really starts to get the hang of how things are, the inscription was.

I got a dog for my husband, it was a fair swap

and the other said

Husband and dog missing, reward for dog

He also said something about poor doggy husbands, but I was by then too busy petting my dogs so I didnt listen  ::) :P

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Blair

Re: My husband is learning
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 05:38:08 pm »
Soooo Chris came home yesterday, and said he found something I would really really like. What did he get me?

He had found stone coasters and he really starts to get the hang of how things are, the inscription was.

I got a dog for my husband, it was a fair swap

and the other said

Husband and dog missing, reward for dog

He also said something about poor doggy husbands, but I was by then too busy petting my dogs so I didnt listen  ::) :P

Marit

That story sounds very familar  ;D While we were in Vermont, we went into a crafts stare to look around. My husband comes out and says i bought something just for you. It was a magnet with that same saying 'I got a dog for my Husband......I think it was a fair swap" And then he said its all too true LOL What makes it even better it had a Dane's head on it  ;D

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 05:43:46 pm »
lol...... yeah forever you need to be more baaang boooom when you teach them hehe.

Ohhh Blair I so wish my coasters had a mastiff head on them. BUT lol...... I guess I have him pretty well trained because he also got me a mouse mat with a mastiff on it. Point being, I am always using my laptop hahahahahaha, I guess Ill put it up on the desk or something to look at.

marit

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 05:55:43 pm »
After the fourth day when her husband didn’t come home, Joan finally convinced Mary to report him missing to the police. The policeman taking the report asked Mary to describe her husband.

“Well, 6 feet tall, 180 pounds, wavy blond hair, is a stock broker, and a wonderful father and husband”

Joan said, “Mary, you husband in 5’5”, weighs 230, has a gray comb-over, is a stock boy at Kroger, beats your children, and has cheated on you four times!”

Mary said, “Well, yeah, but who would want HIM back!”

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 05:58:03 pm »
LMAO hahahaha that is sooooo funny. Who can blame her for wanting to trade up hehe

Marit

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 08:37:23 pm »
I love your Chris Marit! He is such a sweetheart. Luckily Michael is aware of the passion I have for my doggy too. I have told him before also that if he ever left me Bear and I would be just fine together but if Bear left I would be so depressed it would be hard to go on with life. He just looked at me like I was crazy. But come on, take a look at how cute the little cub is. :)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 10:24:33 pm »
lol..... I totally know what you mean..... just a look at Bears face and those eyes, who can blame you  :D

I constantly hear, comments like "you act like you care more about the dogs than me" or "you never look at me with love like that" hehe

The other day, Jennifer was playing, swinging something around and Chris and Hera and Galahad were right there, and I said "ohhhhh be careful so you dont hurt the dogs" Chris just looked at me and said "and what about me?" heee sometimes it actually makes me feel like a bad wife, but not often  ;D

Marit

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 10:29:27 pm »
My kids often say that they think I love the Newfs more than them.  I told them that that's ridiculous.  I just ALWAYS know where the dogs are sleeping on a Saturday night and with whom:   ME!!!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 10:37:07 pm »
LMAO haha mind you I am getting a BIT worried when I hear comment like that, my oldest is still only going on 14 lol.... so she wont be sleeping anywhere else but at home for a LOOOOOOONG time hehe. I have heard that from my kids too, how I always ask the dogs if they want to go shopping at petsmart or go to the park. They tell me I should ask them if they want to go to the mall and shop or go to the movies instead haaaaa

Marit

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 09:28:47 am »
Yep....it's all in front of you!!

My 27 year old daughter just moved in with her boyfriend with the understanding that they are getting engaged at Christmas (is that engaged to be engaged????).  My husband, even though he really like the young man, is not pleased!!!!

My three sons, 24, 22, and 18 are another story.  Once they leave home, all I can do is keep my fingers crossed.  As the 22 year old says when I ask "personal questions" is "Mom, you have no 'need to know'"!  AGHHHH!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 09:34:41 am »
Ohhhhhh yeah.... moms have allllll the need to know lol......

mine are almost 14, almost 11 and 5 so I hope I have many many years still before we have to worry BUT kids "grow up" way earlier today than when we were young. Ohhhhh gosh..... that really really made me sound old hehe

Chris is already worrying and telling and we say sure she can go to the movies with a boy, we will be sitting the row behind though lol.....

Marit

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2005, 11:48:49 am »
When I first met Billy, 15 years ago. I told him "if you ever make me choose my horse or you, guess who looses". Poor guy still brings that up till today. I only had my horse Stroker back then, now with all my other kids poor Billy still hasn't climbed up the status ladder.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2005, 03:34:08 pm »
When I first met Billy, 15 years ago. I told him "if you ever make me choose my horse or you, guess who looses". Poor guy still brings that up till today. I only had my horse Stroker back then, now with all my other kids poor Billy still hasn't climbed up the status ladder.
Carolyn

hahaha that is so funny. Chris loves animals, just that he would be happy with just one or so. He did say when Trouble came into our lives, that if we kept her he would have to move. Well hehe Trouble is still here and so is hubby, so I guess he isnt all that high on the ladder either, poor our hubbies  ::) ;D

Marit

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2005, 11:06:54 am »
LOL Marit!...When we got dogs I told Randy that I hoped he wasn't allergic to dogs too (like he is the cats) because if he was allergic to dogs also it would probably kill him & I'd sure miss him...lol!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2005, 09:25:37 pm »
LOL........... ....I wish my husband was as smart as yours.  He thinks I spend waaaaay too much time with the "kids" and too little with him.  Can I help it if they are more fun?  If they listen to me better and have better manners?

My husband would never get something like that for me.  I always hint at that kind of stuff, but I guess subtlety is lost on him.