Author Topic: RIP Derek.. We'll Miss You Always Man...  (Read 1924 times)

angelsmama

RIP Derek.. We'll Miss You Always Man...
« on: November 04, 2008, 07:10:32 am »
Yesterday I heard awful news from a friend. November 1st a friend of mine from childhood was in a wreck that killed him on impact. Derek was on his way home from a party with his friend and his friend was supposed to be his designated driver, was not. Brian lost control of his car, and Derek was not wearing his seat belt. The car went rolling and threw Derek from the car and the car fell on him killing him on impact. Derek was only 23, and left behind a fiance and their 2 beautiful little girls, both under 5 years old.  Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers through this difficult time.

angelsmama

Re: RIP Derek.. We'll Miss You Always Man...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 06:23:45 pm »
Ty everyone, it's been hard. I went to his visitation today, pretty emotional. I didn't go up to him, I just can't bring myself to that, I'd rather remember him making his usual silly faces (like mouth wide open, tongue out and eyes looking up  :D) and not laying there ya know? He was a real card. We (myself, Derek, my sister and couple of her friends) were quite the trouble makers when we were all really close. I was about 13 , Derek 14, Stacy (another friend) at 16 and my sister at 18, and we would roll houses. I would be the one to stand guard at our shed while they went 2-3 houses over and I would have the walkie talkies and would alert them to any cars. One night Derek came running through the neighbors yards saying really fast over and over "OPEN THE DOOR OPEN THE DOOR OPEN THE DOOR" I opened it real quick and he dive bombed the couch we had in there (our hang out area, had electricity and everything ran in there). He was freaking saying "OMG they totally were home and turned on the lights." Sure it was bad but hey, that's fun memories of him, things that make me smile and get a good laugh right now. Of course we're all past that, all with kids now. It still doesn't make it a bad memory hehe.