Author Topic: Looks like we have a new President  (Read 12669 times)

Viking Lady

Re: Looks like we have a new President
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 01:45:36 pm »
Amen!

Now I am so wealthy in our small business (of 20 years)that I have to pay more taxes AND buy insurance for my employees. If I could afford that I would have done it a long time ago. My husband and I just got health insurance for the first time 3 years ago cuz we couldn't afford it until then.

Viking Lady

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 01:50:45 pm »
I was saying Amen to Lin's comments.

It is a little hard to believe that you said "if we seem like whimps, so what?" We will have more money and be happier?

Offline goldensaint723

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 01:53:48 pm »
I thought we were not in a war supposedly?? I thought our job was to go get Osama Bin Laden what happened to him??  Funny how all those things went out the window...Elect ion comes and we go into a semi-depression and now those things just dont matter??

I support our troops enough. Enough to bring them home and stop building homes,churches,and schools for people who are not greatful and hate us and are willing to sacrifice themselves to get rid of us. I myself would like to see my own country flourish would be nice for a change would'nt it? Wont happen regardless of whatever president we get. We need to stop worrying so much about everyone else and there countrys problems. We have enough to worry about here. I hope any president would care enough to see that, but none have so far.

I will admit I heavily disliked George Bush still do wont deny it.I didnt mind McCain, but I disliked his vp choice and he let her do alot of his talking. I might have voted for him if she was not his choice for vp. Sarah Palin made it easy for me to vote for Obama.
Owned by 3 saints and a Jack Russell Terror
Cujo saint bernard
Macey saint bernard
Kodiak saint bernard
Angel Jack Russell
 River waiting at the bridge

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 01:54:06 pm »
yes...pulling out of the war would save a ton of money.  But it's there and should be finished.  We can't just tell the people in whose country we are blowing up ... sorry...we'll just leave now.  My bad.  I don't like the war any more than anyone else, but it has to be finished.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 01:55:40 pm »

It is a little hard to believe that you said "if we seem like whimps, so what?" We will have more money and be happier?
I am saying that We CAN'T win THAT war! Everybody knows it :-\
Yes, I think it is better to the Country to keep the money we waste on the war we can't win, period  :) I think it's better to look like whimps than being ignorant JMHO  
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 01:56:49 pm »
I thought we were not in a war supposedly?? I thought our job was to go get Osama Bin Laden what happened to him??  Funny how all those things went out the window...Elect ion comes and we go into a semi-depression and now those things just dont matter??

I support our troops enough. Enough to bring them home and stop building homes,churches,and schools for people who are not greatful and hate us and are willing to sacrifice themselves to get rid of us. I myself would like to see my own country flourish would be nice for a change would'nt it? Wont happen regardless of whatever president we get. We need to stop worrying so much about everyone else and there countrys problems. We have enough to worry about here. I hope any president would care enough to see that, but none have so far.

I will admit I heavily disliked George Bush still do wont deny it.I didnt mind McCain, but I disliked his vp choice and he let her do alot of his talking. I might have voted for him if she was not his choice for vp. Sarah Palin made it easy for me to vote for Obama.

the war has gotten off track.  I hate that about what happened in the middle east.  
the VP choice was a joke...byt no one cried because she made "history".  that is a bit of a double standard.  He could have picked a VP running mate from a state with a lot more electorial votes.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 02:00:24 pm »

I am saying that We CAN'T win THAT war! Everybody knows it :-\
Yes, I think it is better to the Country to keep the money we waste on the war we can't win, period  :) I think it's better to look like whimps than being ignorant JMHO  

i both agree and disagree here.  This war can't be won.  but what is worse?  Being there and just leaving, giving us the cut and run reputation and never to be taken seriously again, or winning or sticking it out and maybe finally putting this issue to rest.  We did something of a cut and run in Desert Storm in the 80's and 90's and it came back to haunt us.  War is pretty much always started over ignorant reasons.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 02:01:59 pm »
yes...pulling out of the war would save a ton of money.  But it's there and should be finished.  We can't just tell the people in whose country we are blowing up ... sorry...we'll just leave now.  My bad.  I don't like the war any more than anyone else, but it has to be finished.
If you have such strong feeling about the war I am surprised you are not there fighting. Families loose their fathers and husbands, WE pay for everything and nobody there even cares about it :-\ Yep, we should fight...while being on dog forum
Mary W. Crane

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 02:09:21 pm »
If you have such strong feeling about the war I am surprised you are not there fighting. Families loose their fathers and husbands, WE pay for everything and nobody there even cares about it :-\ Yep, we should fight...while being on dog forum
I'm sure I wouldn't be able...i would love to be one of those people laying it all on the line for a cause like this.  I do have a small phyical thing that wouldn't allow me to be capable of being in the military.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 02:12:37 pm »
Geraldine Ferraro didn't make a big impression in the history department.  I remember that election...it was my first.

Viking Lady

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 02:18:12 pm »
I don't think anyone is trying to change what happened yesterday. This was a very emotional election for alot of people and I don't see the harm in venting, or in expressing opinions.

I see a big difference in opinion by age. And I will say this....I hope this country never whimps out on anything. And there are many ways to save money in government from ridiculous programs we have going.

jesday

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 03:00:39 pm »

I have been counting money for a several "medium" businesses and I tell you they can share, yes they CAN! LOL by paying a little more taxes instead of us, medium class  :)  

Just a little statistic. The top 5% of wealthiest Americans/Businesses pay 70% of all U.S.taxes. Middle class pays 30% and everyone else, none. Explain how "medium businesses that make over $250,000 a year aren't already 'sharing'?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 03:01:47 pm by El'skids »

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 03:06:06 pm »

I have been counting money for a several "medium" businesses and I tell you they can share, yes they CAN! LOL by paying a little more taxes instead of us, medium class  :)  

Just a little statistic. The top 5% of wealthiest Americans/Businesses pay 70% of all U.S.taxes. Middle class pays 30% and everyone else, none. Explain how "medium businesses that make over $250,000 a year aren't already 'sharing'?
Because they write off many-many things waaaaay before they pay taxes  :)
Mary W. Crane

jesday

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 03:15:25 pm »

Because they write off many-many things waaaaay before they pay taxes  :)
I guess I need a new accountant because our business writes a pretty big check to the IRS each year :o
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 03:16:29 pm by El'skids »

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 03:17:50 pm »
SSSSOOOOOOOOOO OOO,  you ladies like make-up????
Guess what I just bought for me to bring me out of my election funk ?   A VIBRATING mascara!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Oh, and I bought Gunner this stuffed toy, halloween leftover, and it makes these eeekkkk, noises and oMG, you all would have laughed at his reaction.
My big goofball.

If Obama puts a mastiff, GD or Akita(or another BPO) as the new "first pooch",  I may see him in a different light...lol
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak