Mastiffs > Old English Mastiff Discussions

Feeding my OEM

(1/3) > >>

Homers Mom:
HELP!!!!!!!  What does everyone feed there OEM puppy?  I am the PROUD new owner of a 4 month male Mastiff named Homer.  I usually use Eukanuba but no where around here sells large breed formula.  I have a breeder locally I called and aske dher what she feed.  She recommended Diamond.  So I bought Diamond Lamb and Rice Large Breed puppy.  Its been over a week now since we switched and his stools still are not firm.  Plus....just today since 1pm he has pooped 6 times!  Its now only 7:30!  It seems to run right thru him or do OEM just poop this much???  Ha ha  I used to own a Newfie and he didn;t this much!  So any food advice is appreciated!

Homers Mom:
Pics of Homer.  He is about 17-18 weeks of age now.  I will get more pics soon!

Guardian Angel's White lightning:
not to be a bum..but this is what i found on the eagle pack site on the performance food...how can this be good?

Chicken Meal, Ground Yellow Corn, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols), Pork Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Ground Brown Rice, Anchovy & Sardine Meals, Brewers Dried Yeast, Corn Gluten Meal, Flaxseed, Dried Egg Product, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, DL-Methionine, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, d-Pantothenic Acid, Niacin Supplement, Choline Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Rosemary Extract, Lecithin, Inositol, Kelp, Polysaccharide Complexes of Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Copper and Cobalt, Potassium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Enterococcus faecium, B. subtilus, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus coagulins, Aspergillus oryzae and Aspergillus niger.

mtays:
Hey,
This is assuming you live in the US [which i do not]... Back To Basics is a food made specifically for OEMs.  It don't know if its sold everywhere, but I guess its worth checking.  Just be thankful that you live in the States, your food is much better than ours is in Canada!!

Homers Mom:
Thanks for all the replies.  I was on here for two hours last night reading food questions!  Alot of the foods they mention are not even sold around here.  I have to drive almost a hour just to get foods like Purina Pro Plan, Eukanuba, Diamond, Royal Cannin and Science Diet which I hate Science Diet.  I try not to buy anything that has the first ingredient as meal or by-product.  I want a meat listed first!  Royal Cannin seems to be getting popular around here and I have heard of Eagle, I think there is one place who sells it.  I used to love Eukanuba, but since Iams sells at WalMart now and was bought out I feel the same, its not as good.  Thats where I have started looking again!  My friend uses ProPlan Giant on her Great Dane...any suggestions there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version