Mastiffs > Old English Mastiff Discussions

Feeding my OEM

<< < (3/3)

TINKSMOM:
I feed my giant breed Innvoa LG Puppy and I love it. She had a bad experience with a "bad bag" of IAMS when she was about 4 months old. Now, she eats less, poops less and is growing astronomically! She is 10 months and 100 lbs with just 4 cups a day. Some days she doens't eat even that much. Innova has a very impressive video of their production and quality control process on their website. www.nutrapet.c om. I have emailed them twice and they have sent me coupons on two seperate occasions. A set for $8.00 off and the last set for $5.00 per bag. Complete Pet Mart and Jacks Aquarium carry it and they have a baker's dozen special. Buy 12 bags and the 13th is free. Right now the 33lb bag is on sale for 49.99 usually 54.99. I love this food, she does great on it and I have convinced friends and family to switch (even those without big paws)to a Innova product appropriate for their fur kids. You won't be disappointed!

chanceNcooper:
I'm glad you asked this question. I was just getting ready to but saw your post. I'll need to print it out for my husband. He isn't used to giant breeds only large breeds and insists our dog will be fine on the same food because it is cheaper and the economy and yadayada...I keep telling him we will pay thousands more in the end if we don't switch because there is no way I WON'T treat our dog when needed..so he needs to choose between a healthy dog with pricey food or cheap food and one the guilt of not doing our dog the service he deserves and two the medical bills because not dealing with it isn't an option in my book :) Thanks everyone for all the great information.

bseacheney:
I have a 24 week old male mastiff. I had the same problems! When we got him at 8 weeks we weened him off the breeders puppy chow and put him on Eagle Pack Holistic Giant puppy. He never really liked the taste and pooped alot. Since then, we discovered he shouldn't be on puupy food very long. We put him on adult at 4 months. He is now on Canidae chicken and rice. I pefered Innova, but you have to keep on eye on the protein. You don't want protein higher then about 25%. There are alot of good foods out there. I believe in Holistic and I switch the food alot so they get all the goodies. Good luck. Aren't Mastiffs the best?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version