Mastiffs > Old English Mastiff Discussions

Feeding my OEM

<< < (2/3) > >>

People Whisperer:

--- Quote from: Homers Mom on November 07, 2008, 01:33:10 am ---Thanks for all the replies.  I was on here for two hours last night reading food questions!  Alot of the foods they mention are not even sold around here.  I have to drive almost a hour just to get foods like Purina Pro Plan, Eukanuba, Diamond, Royal Cannin and Science Diet which I hate Science Diet.  I try not to buy anything that has the first ingredient as meal or by-product.  I want a meat listed first!  Royal Cannin seems to be getting popular around here and I have heard of Eagle, I think there is one place who sells it.  I used to love Eukanuba, but since Iams sells at WalMart now and was bought out I feel the same, its not as good.  Thats where I have started looking again!  My friend uses ProPlan Giant on her Great Dane...any suggestions there?

--- End quote ---
You CAN buy good food online with free shipping and get in in a couple of days as they ship FedEx
http://www.k9cuisine.com/

Homers Mom:
Thanks for the great replies.  We are very rural here and I use a great farm vet, but no one in my area cares about food!  I Do!  I am on the website now and a few more questions to verify I am looking correctly.  Eagle Holistic Large breed puppy in the green bag.  When do I switch to the adult Large breed?  I know they say not to leave Giant Breeds on puppy for very long.  The Giant adult formula I would want is the orange bag?  And this is a good food and will also firm up his stools?  This morning at 4:50 he was whining in his crate....I got up to let him out and he had messed in his crate.  I let him out and when we went to come back in I saw he had stepped in it and I had poop paw prints all the way to the door!  So I spent all morning on my knees scrubbing carpets!  And cream shag type at that!  Ha ha.  Dogs, gotta love em!   ;D

KiraNGunnersmom:
I have been feeding my 9 mo old OE/Bullmstiff X Solid Gold Wolf King and he has been doing good on it.
Eventually, I will be switching him over to grain free,  the same thing that I feed my 7 year old Akita.
I often order canned food from K9cuisine.com,  especially the tripe.  It does not take long to get either and a few times they sent a 10% off your next order coupon.
I live in a city that has limited access to GOOD food for my guys.  I do drive 45 mins and across a state line to get my Akita's grain free though.

Homers Mom:
I did a search and I found the Eagle about a hour from here.  Its also priced at $47.99 for 33lbs so the website does mark up their prices to offset shipping.  The lady who works there has a 9 mon OEM and she feeds the same.  So I bought two bags ( to last awhile) and we will see how it goes!  Wish up luck and thank you all for everything!  If Homer continues to be as good as he is....we will be adding another OEM next spring to our family!

mtays:
What I've heard through asking questions about when I should switch my OEM to adult food is that there is no hard and fast rule.  Whenever your puppy stops growing and just starts gaining weight is generally the best time to switch to the adult food.  This means that when your puppy starts gaining fat over the ribs and spine to the point that you can't even feel them its time to switch.  Can't really vouche for it too much, but it's the best answer I've gotten so far...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version