Author Topic: Friendly Intruder  (Read 3200 times)

Viking Lady

Friendly Intruder
« on: November 10, 2008, 04:45:59 pm »
A couple days ago when I was watching the Alabama/LSU game (yeah!!!) I kept hearing a funny noise outside. Finally I looked out the window and it was Luke and the teeny terrior from next door romping in the leaves. I almost had a heart attack! I mentioned on a post a while back that I wasn't finding any opportunity to socialize Luke with other dogs and that I was scared to death of dogs fighting.

Well, they were smelling and running in circles, and Luke was leaping and bowing(?). I didn't know whether to go out there or leave them alone or what. This little dog is about 11 years old and has quite a past. About five years ago she was severely chewed up by a dog in the neighborhood. They didn't think she would make it but she did. Then she was diagnosed with cancer and not expected to live very long and she is surviving well. All I could think of was I didn't want Luke to finish her off!!

She has sneaked back in to our yard three more times. She can hop through the slats in our fence. They romp and jump and sniff and play. Luke watches for her through the fence now. Today I went next door and explained my excitement but explained my concerns because of her deals and his size. We are going to leave it alone for now.

So......hopefu lly Luke has a new friend. Keep your fingers crossed or let me know if I am crazy.

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Intruder
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 03:36:39 am »
I think it is wonderful that they are friends.  I would not worry about it. If the other owner seems concerned, maybe you two could set up some play dates, so you control when the dogs are together and can supervise the interactions.  Otherwise, let it be.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats