Author Topic: Leather Collars  (Read 9827 times)

Offline Mokeymunster

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Leather Collars
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2005, 02:53:31 pm »
Thank you doghealer.  I found some collars i really like at earthdog.com.  I will be getting something from them very soon.  Thanks to everyone who put in ideas.  Especially the hemp idea, I hadn't even thought of that.

GR8DAME

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2005, 03:18:58 pm »
Sorry guys, I got distracted.
Stella

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2005, 04:26:01 pm »
Dont be sorry stella.... that pic is way cool. So you, Carolyn and Lins are biker chicks  :D Okay just a question here, when at Myrtle beach at bike week, we see the "ladies" that ride in chaps and nothing else...... are you one of them lol......?

I am totally impressed, I have been horseback riding, show jumping for years and years, I would die on a bike though, I know I would fall off, flat on my face or possibly have a heart attack before then.

And yeah I guess it would be fun to see how many could fit on that trike thingie, at least for the poeple NOT on it hehe.

Stella I cant even remember when I had a vacation from kids and dogs. Hmmmm nooooo I cant its gotta be a loooong time ago.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2005, 02:28:47 am »
I love Harleys!!!!  I want one of my own too....  But sometimes I do like to ride on the back...kinda sexy!!  Course that would be when I am sportting my leather coller...lol

GR8DAME

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2005, 07:54:59 am »
Although I too have seen the ladies in bikinis and chaps on bikes I have never chosen to join them. I am far too fond of my skin to risk road rash, and the sight would probably frighten small children and strike adults blind ;D.

I love horses and have ridden casually for years, used to work at a stable in my 20's until it closed down. Alas, that has been the trend in these urban areas, and unless you own or want to spend $50.00 and hour to walk nose to tail with 30 other people after driving for two hours to find a place that is still open...  Now I just ride a couple of times a year when we go camping.

I am lucky, both of my kids are older, and very independent, so we can take off for an hour or two on the bikes and get mentally recharged. Plus with gas at the current price I take the bike to work most decent days as it is much cheaper than driving my van.
Stella
PS The same muscles that you have developed horseback riding would keep you from falling off!

Offline Mokeymunster

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2005, 12:34:48 am »
Well i thought i would keep everyone up to date.  This week i was out of town and i came across a pet boutique.  I found a beautiful purple leather collar with silver paw prints on it.  I was going to order a hemp one, but this purple leather just screamed mokeys name. LOL ;D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2005, 02:28:02 pm »
Purple collar.  Way cool.  I had the hardest time finding a leather collar that wasn't black or brown for Gunther.  Those colors would blend in too well, and I always like it when a collar stands out.  I finally found a red one, and it works for him.

I love harleys.  I plan on gettng a Sportster when I finish paying off my car.  That is, unless I need to get an SUV for all the pets I seem to be accumulating.  Right now, we manage to all squeeze into my Honda Accord.  The move to IL will be interesting next spring when Gunther will be close to full grown.

Hey, you guys ride horse?  I haven't in a few years, but i still have a horse at my parents.  Here's some pics.  Her name is Pepper, which suits her to a T.  The other two are my sister's horses. Foxy is closest to us.  She just had a foal this spring.  I wish I could find the pics.  The one in the middle is Cairco (don't ask my how my sis spells it).  She's a mustang, and you could see her brand on her neck if she was facing the other way.

GR8DAME

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2005, 07:30:00 am »
Your horses are gorgeous. I'm jealous. Around here it is too expensive to board, and nowhere good to ride aside from the same old trails in the forest preserve or take your life into your own hands along the streets. I just satisfy myself with my Big Paw Babies.
Stella

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2005, 01:01:39 pm »
My parent's live in MN now and have land for the horses.  But when we all lived in SD, we did have to board all of them, and yes it got very expensive.  In fact, we moved them around to I believe 4-5 different boarding places, trying to find a cheaper one.

When me and my hubby finally stop moving around, we plan on getting some land so we can have horses.  Right now, if I want to ride, they do have a trail ride on base, but it's just not the same.

Offline Kirsten

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2005, 01:37:57 pm »
I know someone before mentioned planetdog.com ..... i am going to get one of their hemp collars that have soft fleece lining.  They make a great leash that i already have (from petsmart) that is hemp with a soft fleece linning in the hand loop.  It is SOOOOOO comfy, and it is 5 feet long, which is perfect for shakes right now (4 is too short, 6 is too long.... there are very few 5ft leashes out there) .... there isnt a picture of the leash but here is a link and you can see the pretty colors ( autumnal shades of orange, green and purple).

http://www.planetdog.com/leashes.asp?ID=750&template=newLeash