Author Topic: Swollen hair  (Read 2191 times)

Viking Lady

Swollen hair
« on: November 14, 2008, 05:02:02 pm »
We have had rain for two days now and Luke looks bigger than he did. I thought I had trouble with my hair in the humidity...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 05:07:56 pm by Viking Lady »

Viking Lady

Re: Swollen hair
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 04:15:06 am »
Ugh.....I'm trying to prepare myself for giving him a bath this morning. He was already dirty, and now we have had this rain. But I'll have to bathe him in the bathtub because I don't think our temperature is going to get abouve 47 today. The drying time is what I'm trying to figure out. If I have to keep him inside til he's dry...no telling how long that will take. I guess I have to go get a shower spray nozzle first. That's what everyone else does. I've almost talked myself out of it again. But, he's not too fun to hang out with right now so maybe I better...oh, I don't know.

jesday

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 05:00:56 am »
Time for 'Metro Air Force Commander' for you two. It's not about heat with this thing, it barely warms up at all, but it literally blows the water off them. You can see the fine mist it creates. It gets down to the skin layer and yet leaves them fluffy.

Bwahahaha to you short haired and first time double coaters.

You've entered a whole new world of grooming ;D

Yes, Patty, more lightening bolts headed my way ::)

Viking Lady

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 05:02:08 am »
You're right about the energy boost. He can lie around all day and then bounce off the walls if I need him to calm down.
The hand held thing was what I was thinking. This stupid shower head I have in my bathroom doesn't have much water pressure. I can't even wash my hair in this one cuz I have thick hair and it won't rinse it well enough. Plus, I need to be able to spray him.
Luke doesn't like the dryer either. So I would just have to chase him around doing the towel thing. He always grabs the towel and takes off with it. This summer he just dried outside after toweling. Now he's gonna run around damp and jump on my bed and everything else he can get wet.

Viking Lady

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 05:07:47 am »
Hey!! Are you smirking?

What do you do if they don't like the noise?
And where does the water go that gets blown off, on the wall?

jesday

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 06:46:23 am »
Well ...maybe just a little ;)

You will want to be somewhere a little moisture doesn't matter. Bathroom, kitchen. I dry my kids in the garage. Sophie is not fond of the noise and tends to huddle against the wall which is why it gets sprayed a bit. I do one side then move her around to do the other. Syrus loves it and is more of a pain when drying Sophie. He won't leave us along and get out of the way. He keeps backing his butt up to me. More, mommy, I want more.

The best feature is the fact you can get them done very quickly. About 10 min. per dog. I don't dry to the bone, they usually are still a little damp. But enough to know they are fine in extremely cold weather and won't get carpet or our bedding soaked. :)

Once you get Luke smelling good and soft and fluffy, let him outside to expend the new energy. Bwahahaha - then you can start all over again ;D 

What's gotten into me this morning??

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 07:04:04 am »
It sounds like the velocity drier we use at work.
Some dogs don't do well with it at all so they are towel dried or put in a kennel with a blower on it.

But it works great for those that don't try to kill it or themselves when you turn it on.  Yup, from soaking wet to damp in a matter of minutes.  I usually towel them off a bit again and off they go.