Author Topic: Gunner's friend Jack  (Read 4621 times)

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Gunner's friend Jack
« on: November 17, 2008, 12:38:29 pm »
My daughters best friend has a chorkie puppy that comes over for visits quite often and Gunner is obssessed with Jack. 
It is so funny to watch him lick him because he rolls him over with his tongue.
The play is very supervised as one of Gunner's paws is bigger than Jack's upper torso.

On another note,  we may be adopting a 5 mos old chi pup on Wed.
One of the subs in my daughter's school has fallen on hard times and has to get a 3rd job and doesnt have time for the pup or the $$ for the upkeep and asked Tyler if she wanted her.
We will meet her and see how she reacts to us and Gunner and Kira.
I am a bit worried about having such a small dog with Kira.
We tried a month or so ago to bring in a great dane and she tried to tear him up.  But that is typical Kira,  she picks and chooses the dogs she will socialize with.  For example, jack the chorkie doesnt even get a second glance once she sniffs him over.
So, wish us luck on Wed.  The girls have been wanting a small dog for so long.
Before long my hubby says the humans will be outnumbered by the dogs.  I told him that's my kind of family, I got a dirty look...lol!
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Gunner's friend Jack
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 04:21:11 pm »
I love the in the picture in the mailbox. So cute!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Tonda

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 04:10:02 am »
I am a bit worried about having such a small dog with Kira.

I worry about them with any large dog, not because of aggression, but because of simple accidents. Esp the more delicate pups. My mom's 110 lb pit/boxer tripped over a wiener/chihuahua puppy we found and broke its neck. It was horrible. Sadly, I know other people who’ve had similar accidents.

Lyn

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 05:16:41 am »
Awww! I like the second pic. Too cute!  :)

I find that my dogs are better with small dogs. It's like they just know they can't play rough with them. Lola is very careful with her feet around them. Bubba is clumsy but even he tries to step over and not on them. Although his clumsiness shows occasionally and they will get a foot to the back of the head as he's stepping over. LOL