Author Topic: HELP ASAP - Kate is hurt  (Read 26947 times)

Nicole

Re: HELP ASAP - Kate is hurt
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 04:03:02 am »
AGH! KELLY! WE NEED AN UPDATE!

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 04:19:05 am »
Then I rubbed her tummy for a while...I had to go to the bathroom and came back...she had gotten up...was standing there arched (uncomfortable) and panting again...WTH???  ???

I went and got her dog bed from upstairs...she's resting on it now...the shaking is minimal...I'm so confused...goi ng to be a sleepless night but I'm just praying she'll be ok in the morning...

Arching of the back and shaking can mean a digestive issue such as bloat. I would get her to a vet.

jesday

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 04:24:45 am »
Arching of the back and shaking can mean a digestive issue such as bloat. I would get her to a vet.

I too thought of that. Let's hope that was not the case for poor Kate. She may have belched because of all the panting and sucking in extra air.

Kisses to the Katie girl.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 04:25:04 am »
Ack! Please give us an update. How scary!! I'd be beside myself. I hope Kate is feeling much better today.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

k2campbell

Re: HELP ASAP - Kate is hurt *UPDATE*
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 04:46:38 am »
Hi everyone...tha nks so much for all your concern! ;)

Last night was a long one...I didn't sleep a wink. When Eric got home from hockey Kate got off her bed where I was sitting with her giving her a massage and ran to the door to greet him just like she does when she's feeling fine ??? Then she went back into the head down/tail between legs/running to the door thing while whining...in pain again... :-\ She went outside and just walked around...no pee...no poop. :P

We put her bed right next to ours and tried to get the best sleep possible... Her tummy grumbled quite a bit through the night... I checked on her every hour...Eric too...she had moments where she seemed to be sleeping like a log and moments where she was tense. We woke up around 6am to her wagging her tail, being happy (yet tired) obviously from last night's ordeal...

She drank a bunch of water (we had to force it into her last night) then asked out. We followed her out...she went straight for the bone we had given her last night and chowed down on it... ??? Not sure if she peed...I had to run in to tend to Blake... :-\ Then she asked in and ate all of her breakfast and went and laid down. So as of this morning Kate is OK!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAY !!! ;D ;D ;D
What a relief! :)

My first thought last night after that belch she let out was bloat, but her tummy wasn't at all extended  ??? The more I thought about it...the more I thought it was a digestive issue or she was passing something painful (I thought maybe a small piece of her bone had broken off) and was worried the pain was it tearing or something as it worked it's way through her intestine... :P Then when I heard her tummy grumbling I thought maybe she just had really, really bad gas that had severe pain along with it (I know it's happened to me once or twice before)! ;)

As for us thinking it was her hind leg...I'm guessing the pain was coming from her abdomen area around that leg as she wasn't bending it properly...it probably hurt her to do so...I don't know... ???

ANYHOW...she is ok this morning...I am watching her like a hawk...hopeful she'll take a poo later  :) Thanks all of you so much for your help but most of all your thoughts and prayers for Kate...it obviously worked! ;D :-* Here's hoping she's rid of whatever the problem was and is ok from here... ;)

Tonda

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 05:04:27 am »
*phew*

Icerotti

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 05:16:00 am »
Glad Kate is well. Give her big hugs ((HUGS))) from us!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 05:19:47 am »
What a night you had! I'm so glad to hear that Kate is feeling better today. :)

Nicole

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 05:40:29 am »
Oh, good, Kelly! I was worried!  :-* To Kate! And to you guys! What a night.

jesday

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 06:13:56 am »
Yay for the Katie girl :D

You may want to check her poop if she goes. See if there is blood or obvious bone particles. Also if she doesn't poop for a few days, she may have a blockage that past the painful point but is still in there.

Or - you could quit feeding her all those beans  ;D

I'm guessing a nap is in order for you today.

Lyn

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 08:17:23 am »
Poor Kate! I'm soo glad to hear she's feeling better.

lookingfornewf

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 08:58:22 am »
So glad Kate is feeling better, that sounded scary. I'm sure you will be very happy to see a big pile of poop, hopefully soon.

k2campbell

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 10:43:14 am »
Blake and I just took Kate for a HUGE walk in the hopes that's she'd take a poop...but she didn't  :-\ She does usually "go" at nightime though so we'll be watching for that this evening (we do have a flashlight)! :D

I am so drained from last night...but I'm so happy she is ok  ;) She is back to her old self again today, I couldn't be any more relieved! ;)

Tonda

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2008, 10:45:26 am »
Every little thing has me freaking out about bloat . . . I'm so glad that's not what Kate had!!!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2008, 11:29:25 am »
I missed this thread.  I'm so glad Kate is doing better today.  I think she would feel even better if she got to nap with her mom for a little while this afternoon.   ;)
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience