Author Topic: NBPOR: Im grandma to a Chi girl!  (Read 5183 times)

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
NBPOR: Im grandma to a Chi girl!
« on: November 19, 2008, 03:11:36 pm »
We welcomed a blonde chihuahua into the family tonight.  She is a deer chi, I did not know that there was such a thing and now I know why.  She is all legs and ears!!
Kira is tolerating her pretty well.  Gunner stares at her and sticks his nose up her rear.
At one point she was walking on her 2 front legs because his nose was under her back legs.
He tries to play but he is too excited. 
In a few days I know they will all settle in once they are all adjusted.
She is very playful and loves the kids.
As soon as I can get her too sit still long enough I will take some pic's and post them.

We are trying to decide on a name,  they were calling her baby girl....but she doesnt answer to it at all.
So far we have come up with Millie and Cami.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: NBPOR: Im grandma to a Chi girl!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 03:32:51 pm »
I love deer type chi's, especially the short haired ones.  Prefer the apple heads in long hair.  You don't see the deer types very often at all.  last one I saw actually looked more like an italian greyhound than a chi but the owner swore up and down it was a purebred chi.
Can't wait to see some pix of her.

Someone on another web group I'm on recently rescued a little deer chi male from a druggie who was given him as a gift.

yellow_dog_mom

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 01:09:28 am »
Congratulations on your new arrival!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 01:15:52 am by yellow_dog_mom »

lorim2

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 01:14:45 am »
Hey Michelle...Con grats on your new addition!  Although I have 300lbs of big dogs running around, my 15lbs of little chi's run this house!  Cant wait to see pics...

Tonda

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 04:03:09 am »
Hey Michelle...Con grats on your new addition!  Although I have 300lbs of big dogs running around, my 15lbs of little chi's run this house!  Cant wait to see pics...

My mom's Chi/Boston (all 8 lbs of her) has ruled over a host of Rots, Pits, and now my mastiffs. Those little suckers have cajones (or "Thatchers" since we're talking about girls, as Stephen Colbert would say). 

Offline TINKSMOM

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 05:51:56 am »
How about Bambi (for the deer part). I know he was a boy, but it is kinda a girl name.
My name is Lori.

Mom to
Tinkerbear (lab/kom mix)
Harley (Newfy/Saint mix)
Boomer (Cat-russian blue)
RIP - Tater Marie (basset 11/95 to 1/08)
RIP - Velcro (Kitten-Tiger Stripe)

Tonda

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 05:54:01 am »
How about Bambi (for the deer part). I know he was a boy, but it is kinda a girl name.

Bambi was a BUCK! Reclaim the name for the male part of the world. Make Bambi "studly" again.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 11:30:39 am »
Awwww, welcome to the new little one.   :-*  :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 11:33:26 am »
Congrats on your new little one.  We had a chi when I was in middle school and her name was Tequila.  She was a cool little chi.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Viking Lady

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 02:41:50 pm »
We had a little chihuahua in our family for about 12 years. She belonged to our daughter and her name was Mija.(Spanish) When I think of her now I always think of her love for lipstick. She got into every one of our purses countless times if we had lipstick in them.Seems like she could smell it a mile away. The best part was when she played innocent, looking at us like "What?", wearing her lipstick on the very front of her lips.

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 04:55:04 pm »

Bambi was a BUCK! Reclaim the name for the male part of the world. Make Bambi "studly" again.

My mom's name is Bambi, I always find it funny to think of it as a boy's name because of that.

I love chis, congrats! ;D
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats