Author Topic: I am going back to school!  (Read 5357 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
I am going back to school!
« on: August 12, 2005, 01:24:26 pm »
Only this time I am doing my research first! Ok so there is a college that offers a 2 year vet tech program. I wouldn't be going until sept 2006, but that is ok as I need to get my transcripts and they require 80 volunteer hours in a vet clinic and you need to do a career research essay as well, so I would have my appication ready in time. But it does need to be in by Oct for next sept! But I am so excited about this, I have the course outline and everything, it covers small and large animals, behaviour, pharmacology ect. It sounds soo interesting, why did I not do this before!!!

Oh and the Lab resue place called me and I may have a foster soon!!! I have to call her back and she is going to interview me first but I should know my tonight.

Thanks to all of you for all the advice you have given me. Hmm if BPO had never come along, I would have never gotten involved in rescue and found my true passion. Kinda goes to show you that everything happens for a reason huh ;D
Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

lins_saving_grace

Re: I am going back to school!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 01:28:55 pm »
that would be cool!  I was thinking about that last night.  I wish I had become a vet instead.

I know it's a long ways off. ... but Congrats and Good Luck.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 01:35:57 pm »
Jenn
 I started in Psyc too, and then I left as I realized that you need a maters or PHd do be able to do anything with the degree, and I lost interest. MY class sizes were huge 300+ and tuition keep increasing, I didn't want to be 80k in dept my the end of it.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 01:36:37 pm »
Sorry I forgot to say thanks  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 01:39:18 pm »
Jenn
 I started in Psyc too, and then I left as I realized that you need a maters or PHd do be able to do anything with the degree, and I lost interest. MY class sizes were huge 300+ and tuition keep increasing, I didn't want to be 80k in dept my the end of it.

Nina

Psyc is cool!  I have a minor in it.  I loved it but I ended up thinking I had a few mental issues.  :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 01:45:35 pm »
Jenn

Nina

Psyc is cool!  I have a minor in it.  I loved it but I ended up thinking I had a few mental issues.  :)

HAHAHAHA!!!  It did that to me too!!! I'd be like, "Oh, that sounds like me!!!"

the professors said you would self analyse yourself and end up being so desperately unbalanced you'd want to check yourself in.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 01:52:12 pm »
Jenn

Nina

HAHAHAHA!!!  It did that to me too!!! I'd be like, "Oh, that sounds like me!!!"

the professors said you would self analyse yourself and end up being so desperately unbalanced you'd want to check yourself in.

LOL that is so true, I did that in my abnormal Psyc class!
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 01:58:24 pm »
we all decided we were pretty screwed up...i'm not sure about the other people and their voices who were in the class too...but we were pretty screwed up.  Right?  right.  Yes. uh huh!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 04:18:18 pm »
Oh Nina I am soooo  happy for you, and it seems to be working out prefect. gives you time to get your hours in and do the research. Is the school close to where you live. Or do you have to travel a lot?

Now hurry up and get that vet. tech degree, we could definately use one here on the board  :D

Mind you, I am sure the three of you who have psyc experience can see that we might need that even more hehe

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 08:11:07 pm »
That is so great Nina.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Nicole

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 09:52:52 pm »
Aw, Nina! That is so great! Its so obvious how excited you are, too. You're going to do well and be successful. Can't wait to see the new foster, too!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2005, 10:20:10 pm »
I am so glad that you found out what you wanted to do. Great job on searching your heart.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2005, 10:21:58 pm »
Do you need us to write you letters of recommendation?  Think they'd understand??? Maybe we all need to have our heads examined!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2005, 03:02:01 am »
Nina - I think that is great!!!!!  Just keep your eye on the goal.. you will get there.  I emailed this Lady in Seattle who was a lawyer - decided she hated it and went back to school to become a vet.  She is in her last year in vet school now.. She breeds danes also that is how I found her.
Timmie