Author Topic: NDR - Damsel in distress  (Read 2040 times)

jesday

NDR - Damsel in distress
« on: November 21, 2008, 04:21:31 pm »
Back in the days when I was relatively cute I could never play the damsel in distress card. No one cared. A flat tire on the side of the road - no prince, had to change it myself. Ran out of gas in the fast lane during rush hour - no pity, just angry honks and gestures. Once my car just quit on a rainy night and I had to hoof it someplace. I never hitch-hiked but was cold and drenched and figured if ever there was a time - a cop pulled over to tell me I was hitch-hiking on the wrong side of the road, but no lift to a phone booth.

Fast forward to my relatively not so cute age. Because of recent eye surgery my left eye is sewn shut. Then I get an infection on the upper lid and is now swollen and very red. I usually wear an eye patch in pubic so as not to gross anyone out. 8) After bringing Sophie home from vet visit I had to run back out and forgot the eye patch. I sat in the parking lot at the grocery store and said to h- - - with it, I want cream for my coffee tomorrow. So in I go.

I got the most sympathetic stares and many, "here dear, let me help you with that." After checking out and tootaling to my car, a woman came up to me and patted my hand. She then proceeded to slip something in the side pocket of my purse. "Here sweetie, you need this", and off she went. When I got in my car I looked to see what she gave me. It was a card for Victims Abuse Hot Line. :D

I'm sure there is a moral in here somewhere, but for now I'm posting the card on the refrigerator for hubs to see, then demanding dinner, wine and a foot rub. ;D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: NDR - Damsel in distress
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 04:34:47 pm »
LOLOL......... not to laugh at your situation but it sure does bring a smile to my face to see what conclusions people had jumped to.  :D

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 03:15:18 am »
Did it work?  Did you get the dinner, wine and a foot rub?
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

jesday

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 04:02:56 am »
Apparently this damsel is still in distress. When hubs came home he saw the card and I relayed the circumstances. He laughed and thought it was funny then said, "I had a big lunch with the plant manager today so you don't have to mess with dinner. What's on TV tonight?" :-\

Destine to remain Cinderella. But wait, could the stable boy be my Prince Syrus... :D

Viking Lady

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 04:17:38 am »
So I guess no wine or foot rub either, eh?