Author Topic: Elevated Kidney levels  (Read 14356 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: Elevated Kidney levels
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 05:14:08 pm »
she is on her last bit of fit n trim. 
That last bit lasted waaaaaaaaaay too long while other issues keep pooping up,eh? (Canadians! LOL)
yes it is.  I'm online looking for a new brand right now.  iams has a weight control food with meat product ingredients but it has corn grits in it.
Lin, you really don't need a weight control formula. You just need to feed her less quantity  ;)
she only gets 2 cups a day now.

Offline paws

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 01:19:14 am »
Holly offered the best advice so far. She needs to be given a food with a high quality protein source. High quality protein sources have very little effect on the kidneys. There are many different issues that can cause kidney values to be elevated. I wouldn't worry right now but I would change her diet immediately and recheck her bloodwork in 4-6 months.

Also, and probably most important, find a vet that understands your dog's dietary needs. I personally feed a combination of grain-free and raw diet to my dogs.

Penny

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 05:28:29 am »
The vet's office just called.  The urine sample came back fine and dandy.  We're going to talk to Dr. Banks on Monday about the food change and I have a few ideas of new brands in mind. 
He also said the surgeon who comes in to do surgories will not be able to make it Friday.  So Grace is going in on Thursday for surgory.  Oh my baby.  She's in great spirits too.  I'm really surprised she's not babying her leg or whinning and crying about it.  But, it'll be over soon.