Alaskan Malamutes > Alaskan Malamute Pictures

22 Malamute team!

<< < (3/3)

Arctic_Joe:

--- Quote from: London_Pyr_Lover on December 01, 2008, 04:23:37 am ---Welcome back!  You are sosoooooooooo lucky!!  I'm going to hop on the first flight out though, don't worry, I don't take up much space, I'll sleep with all those warm, fuzzy, beautiful dogs!

Dog sledding has always been a secret dream of mine.  Do you compete in the Iditarod??

--- End quote ---

Hey!  Come on up...the snow's great and we've been running teams already for conditioning!  We don't do the Iditarod or any races, we strictly stick to the expedition/freighting side of mushing.  The racing dogs are really small and fast, but mals have no interest in running fast.  They just love to pull, pull, pull!  Sometimes our team of 22 will be freighting 3000 lbs or more!  They live for it! 

Arctic_Joe:
If you're interested, please check out this short clip on You Tube about our mals and dogsledding expeditions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL3VzZUi-l4

:)

Arctic_Joe:
Thought we'd add some new photos of some of our mals.  First is Bucko running next to the sled on his first expedition.  Then there's Hooch, looking relaxed after a long day of pulling.  And finally, a photo of Joe and Johnny.  Johnny's a bit of a rebel....rebel without a cause!  But deep down he's just a big baby like all mals!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version