Author Topic: Prayers for Sis's Mal  (Read 4224 times)

Offline Jas2Cats

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All my babies :-)
    • View Profile
Prayers for Sis's Mal
« on: November 30, 2008, 04:50:38 pm »
Any prayers you can spare would be appreciated.  My Sister's Mal, Guinness, had a grand mal siezure last night, and she got her arm in the way and got bit.  Luckily, my parents are out in Aurora CO visiting her and took her to the ER for stitches. Then, when got home, Guinness had another siezure, so they took him to the doggy ER at Alameda East, and he is still there tonight.  They think they have him stabalized now, but have him on valium, because he keeps pulling out the catheters.  He hasn't had a seizure since 2am this morning, so they are planning on sending him home tomorrow after the Neurologist sees him.  He'll have a prescription for Phenylbarbital to take daily.  Hopefully, this will control his seizures (he's had a few before, but nothing as bad as this).

Poor big guy, when the vet's called her tonight, they told her, he is "Very needy", and she could hear him in the background.  Apparently, everytime the Vet Tech leaves him, he starts howling/yowling.  He is definitely a Mama's boy :-)
Alyce

Woody  (aka Big Dog) (12 1/2) Shorthaired Laberaimer (1/2 German Shorthair, 1/4 Lab, 1/4 Weimaraimer)
Maple (aka Princess Poo) (7 1/2) Boxer/ GS mix
Fuzzy (15 1/2)long haired tabby cat
Trouble & Double 3 1/2 year old African Leopard Tortoises.
Ed (17+) and Cris (13+) skin kids

Offline Jas2Cats

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All my babies :-)
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers for Sis's Mal
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 04:18:55 am »
Well, Guinness came home yesterday.  He's disoriented and the Phenylbarb makes it worse (at least until his body gets used to it).  They also have him taking Potasium Bromide, and say it will take a week to 10 days for him to get back to "normal".  Poor guy, but, hopefully this will do the trick :-)
Alyce

Woody  (aka Big Dog) (12 1/2) Shorthaired Laberaimer (1/2 German Shorthair, 1/4 Lab, 1/4 Weimaraimer)
Maple (aka Princess Poo) (7 1/2) Boxer/ GS mix
Fuzzy (15 1/2)long haired tabby cat
Trouble & Double 3 1/2 year old African Leopard Tortoises.
Ed (17+) and Cris (13+) skin kids

Offline Arctic_Joe

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Alaskan Arctic Expeditions
Re: Prayers for Sis's Mal
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 10:50:02 am »
Oh, how terrible.  We'll say a prayer for Guiness and hope he starts feeling much better.  Poor fella.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Joe & Andrea