Author Topic: If I were Santa Claus  (Read 7419 times)

Viking Lady

If I were Santa Claus
« on: December 03, 2008, 04:19:09 pm »
So today the roofers came and put the new roof on the house. Because I had to keep Loki in while they worked I took him out back on his leash a few times to go potty. The last time I took him out front to just move around a little outside. We walked across the street and I let him sniff around at a couple bushes and walk around. The lady across the street was coming home and she laid on her horn and shook her finger at me. I didn't know what was going on but then she backed out of her driveway and pulled into mine. I walked over to her car and she said,"Why did you take your dog over to my house to use the bathroom?!" I told her I didn't and that I wouldn't do that. That he was just sniffing around while the roofers were packing up. She said, "Well, I have enough problems without having to clean up after a dog!" I assured her that she would never have to clean up after my dog because I don't let him "poop" in other people's yards, and I turned and went in the house.

If I were Santa Claus she and all other grumpy people would have to go to their rooms and stay there until January 1st.

What would you do if you were Santa Claus?

Viking Lady

Re: If I were Santa Claus
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 04:47:22 pm »
If I were Santa Claus I would want every child to have a full tummy, pajamas with feet in them, a book with pretty pictures, and a cup of hot chocolate.

Tonda

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 11:20:02 am »
Sorry your neighbor is a grouch. I've got one of those two. When I first got Clancy, Veejay sped down our shared drive in his car and stopped. I thought he was going to comment on my adorable new baby. Instead he leaned out the window and said Did your dog poop in front of my house? I blinked and assured him that my dog had NOT done so, and if he had I would have picked it up. Veejay grimaced and said Ohm ok. then drove off. Veejay, BTW, owns a cat that thinks it lives in my house and nothing I do can dissuade it. The new pups seem to have scared it off for now, much to my delight.

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 01:39:27 pm »
OMG- I'm loving the image of Syrus and Sophie in the little footed pjs.....DARLIN G....and quite possibly a GREAT idea!!!!  ::)

Offline DAMAGE

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Raemi, Breccan and the late, great, Drago & Chloe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 04:53:31 am »
If I were Santa I would make the Christmas morning feeling last twice, heck, maybe even three times, as long as that stressful, pre-Christmas crazies, period!!
Dana
& The George Saints
"Raemi"
"Breccan"

jesday

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 05:00:45 am »
Hey, all you empty nesters...I am sure that Tina and I can be persuaded to send you a child, for a limited time only; for a nominal fee and shipping and handling of course.
Trust me, a few days will knock the longing for the good old days right out of ya.
Stella

Christmas Eve and Day okay with you? Bring them on :D :D

Viking Lady

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 05:06:29 am »
Nothin' like little ones to make Christmas fun!

Viking Lady

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 06:30:07 am »
hehe....my three daughters were unrecognizable from about 13 to 20 years old. I loved them with all my heart but there were many days that I didn't like them. They are all in their 30's now and we are all very close. And they have given me 5 grandchildren. The little ones have brought back my Christmas spirit.

jesday

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 06:31:53 am »
Hey, all you empty nesters...I am sure that Tina and I can be persuaded to send you a child, for a limited time only; for a nominal fee and shipping and handling of course.
Trust me, a few days will knock the longing for the good old days right out of ya.
Stella

I only have one model availible--female, 14 going on 30, knows it all, will eat you out of house and home while talking your ears off, and tying up your bathroom for hours; requires frequent motorcyle rides. Comes with
prepaid cell phone (never out of her hand), IPOD nano (never out of her ear), and more changes of clothes than you can imagine.
However. she will help you cook and will even clean if you can get the eye-rolling under control.
Stella

Okay, not thinking I want to go through the teen years again. That was pretty sneaky, Stella ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 06:33:23 am by El'skids »

jesday

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 06:35:14 am »
Not to mention a 14 year-old female. Oh the drama! :o

yellow_dog_mom

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 06:42:42 am »
So today the roofers came and put the new roof on the house. Because I had to keep Loki in while they worked I took him out back on his leash a few times to go potty. The last time I took him out front to just move around a little outside. We walked across the street and I let him sniff around at a couple bushes and walk around. The lady across the street was coming home and she laid on her horn and shook her finger at me. I didn't know what was going on but then she backed out of her driveway and pulled into mine. I walked over to her car and she said,"Why did you take your dog over to my house to use the bathroom?!" I told her I didn't and that I wouldn't do that. That he was just sniffing around while the roofers were packing up. She said, "Well, I have enough problems without having to clean up after a dog!" I assured her that she would never have to clean up after my dog because I don't let him "poop" in other people's yards, and I turned and went in the house.

If I were Santa Claus she and all other grumpy people would have to go to their rooms and stay there until January 1st.

What would you do if you were Santa Claus?

If I were Santa Claus I'd make sure every family got everything they wanted on Christmas Morning.

And the grumpy people--aka--your neighbors--they would get a magic wand waved over their crabby butts, with a life lesson, *if poop in their front yard is their worse complaint* then they better get down on their knees and thank God for their wonderful lives. (and maybe a stocking filled with...heh heh heh ;) )
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 06:45:18 am by yellow_dog_mom »

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 05:42:15 pm »

OK.  I've got a 12 year old just like the 14 year old "models" mentioned...  I too will loan mine out!  make me an offer.  Actually, let me pay you... ;D

Did yours also start at 11 with the teenage attitude, or is mine just "special"?  And I've got the added bonus of being stepmom-to-be, so she doesn't have to listen to anything I say.  (or so her mother tells her... and she listens). 

Please give me a ray of hope...  when does it end?
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Viking Lady

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 05:51:00 pm »
Oh my........woul dn't want to trade places, hehe.

I don't know when it might end because you have to deal with the step situation. My kids were frightful until they were about 18 or so.

I think you can establish a relationship if it, perhaps, starts from her father. He can be the one that makes it clear that there are "rules" at his house that must be respected. With input to him, from you, he can convey what is expected and that lets you off the hook as the WICKED STEP MOTHER.   Just my opinion.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 01:08:12 am »
Oh oh - add mine to the mix

16 year old son - good for chores, if you ask like 900 times (you mean I'm supposed to bring in the recycling bins EVERY week???)  Don't ask him to walk the dog after all he didn't want the dog.  Don't talk while he is watching TV, or if his friends are anywhere within hearing range and be ready to fight over curfew, girls, school work, college etc.

10 year old girl who would LOVE to spend Christmas at your house.  She was adopted from South Korea, we are Jewish but she will tell me she can celebrate Christmas because she is pretty sure when she was in South Korea they celebrated Christmas (she was 5 weeks old - how would she remember?).  LOVES to shop as long as its for her - don't even look at socks for yourself or anyone else.  Has at least 50 purses and backpacks but wants more, more, more!!
Slightly ADD but I think I am also  ;D.

So send me child preference and I will ship ASAP (good thing hubby works for UPS!)

Harley wants to be an only child anyway!!

Randy

jesday

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 04:03:28 am »

OK.  I've got a 12 year old just like the 14 year old "models" mentioned...  I too will loan mine out!  make me an offer.  Actually, let me pay you... ;D

Did yours also start at 11 with the teenage attitude, or is mine just "special"?  And I've got the added bonus of being stepmom-to-be, so she doesn't have to listen to anything I say.  (or so her mother tells her... and she listens). 

Please give me a ray of hope...  when does it end?
I'm guessing around 30ish. I had both ends of the spectrum. One "attitudinal" until around 29. She just got her first official full time job a month ago. I'm not sure how she got a week off to come home for Christmas. ??? And the other "more mature than mom from the day she was born" 22, just informed me she switched her cell phone and auto insurance into her name and hoped to start making some payments toward Parent portion of student loan along with her own student loan. She doesn't need us anymore! :'(

Thank goodness for bubs. Anyone ever hear of the word 'transference' ::) :D