Author Topic: How do I tell Jeff that I want Sierra in the wedding?  (Read 3918 times)

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
How do I tell Jeff that I want Sierra in the wedding?
« on: December 08, 2008, 12:11:03 pm »
I have decided that I want Sierra to be the flower girl along with the human flower girl we have chosen.  Sierra will look so pretty with a collar of white flowers and ribbons and, to catch the drool, a white bib that says "flower girl" in the same color as my maids' dresses.

The big question - how do I convince Jeff to agree to this?  And will a church allow it???
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

jesday

Re: How do I tell Jeff that I want Sierra in the wedding?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 01:02:52 pm »
I know the perfect way to tell Jeff you want Sierra in the wedding:

"Jeff, Sierra's going to be a flower girl in our wedding." ;D

Are you getting married in a church? Is it yours or Jeff's? I would certainly check with your Pastor/Reverend/Rabbi to see if there are any rules against dogs being in the wedding party. You may be surprised. Unless a highly orthodox wedding, most officials care more about the commitment of the humans involved to each other than the ceremony itself.

If there's a problem, there's always Vegas!! :D  

Viking Lady

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 01:32:01 pm »
I agree..just tell him. But I also think it would have to be outdoors or something. My daughter has accepted the fact that her fiance's blue heeler, Zero, will be his best man.

Offline ruffian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 01:08:16 am »
Shih-tzus

Yes, yes it is,  ;D

I told the other half that I wanted the dogs in our wedding, if we ever had one, or we have to get married at the Star Trek Experience, we shall see what he chooses  :D

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 05:45:35 am »
Well, I told him and suprisingly he was receptive to the idea.  He didn't agree yet, but he is considering it.  I had orginially told him that I wanted a few pictures of me in my dress with Sierra.  He thought I was crazy then, so that's why I was a little apprehensive.  At first he didn't say anything...he didn't even look at me!  Then he just shook his head and laughed in a way that can only be interpreted as: "I can't believe I asked this crazy woman to marry me". 

Honestly, I feel a little silly putting my dog in the wedding.  I used to think people that did that were just plain nuts.  And then I met Sierra and fell head over heels in love.  And even knowing that I am now one of those crazy people I used to make fun of, I still want her there.  She is such a big part of my life and happiness, I can't imagine not including her somehow.  I'm certain I'll regret it if I don't.

I even have a solution to the issue of her stepping on my dress and getting it dirty.  I will have her wear those little dog booties until she walks down the aisle so her feet stay clean.   ;D

Jeff and I wanted a church wedding, but since he is Catholic and divorced, we can't get married in our church.  We were considering a non-denominational Christian church, but we are not opposed to getting married outside or even in the hotel where the reception is.

And, Patty, you were right.  He did already know I wanted it.   ;D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 05:47:37 am by Newly Newfed »

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 06:08:37 am »
ask for big hair postings

Big Hair Only on Big Paws Only?  LOL!

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 06:09:48 am »
How could he not know that you were going to want Sierra in the wedding?  I'm so jealous of you that you have a dog that CAN be in a wedding.  I def. want Naja in mine someday, but she'd be barking her fool face off at everyone!  Sierra's such a sweet and gentle girl, I know she'll make a lovely addition to your Bridal party.   ;) :-* :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 07:47:18 am »
Don't be jealous yet.  She's nowhere close to ready to participating in a wedding right now.  I'm banking that the weekly dog training classes for the next year and a half will be enough for her to learn to control herself.  I'm going to ask my niece if she will walk her down and then keep her calm with treats or petting.  Hopefully the barking won't be an issue because if all goes as planned, she will be trained to hold the handle of a basket in her mouth on the way down.

Notice there are a lot of "hopefullys" in this little scheme of mine?   :D

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 07:57:28 am »
Ugh!  And I just thought of the reaction Jeff's oldest girl is going to have.  She'll be absolutely disgusted and will have no problem sharing her opinion.  She is already disgusted that we are incorporating antlers in our centerpieces.  It's not her wedding and not her decision, but I still don't really want to deal with it.  I'll just wait to tell her until I know for sure that Sierra is going to be ready.

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Offline GoofyNewfie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 09:04:16 pm »
She'll be absolutely disgusted and will have no problem sharing her opinion.

And I'm sure you will have no problem completely ignoring it  ;) ;D
Diesel, 6 month old Newf.