Author Topic: Sadie "drops it"!  (Read 4089 times)

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Sadie "drops it"!
« on: December 05, 2008, 02:13:52 pm »
I was outside with the dogs supervising potty time when Sadie picked up something. I thought she was succumbing to her mulch addiction so I went over, told her to drop it, and put my hand under her mouth. I was thrilled when she immediately obeyed!

Until I realized that she'd just dropped a slobbery dead mouse into my outstretched palm!!! (insert gagging icon of your choice here - lol). Of course I immediately dropped the nasty thing. Of couse the dogs immediately swarmed all over me wondering why mommy was making those strange sounds. After all, the only four letter words they understand are those like "come" and "stay"!!  In their confusion, they completely ignored my command to "go get daddy"!!

Daddy disposed of the new toy, Sadie got praised for obeying even while my stomach was turning, and I've practically boiled my hand clean!!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Sadie "drops it"!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 02:23:33 pm »
Gosh, do I now how that feels  ::) :P Last year, Lily had something in her mouth and she wouldn't drop it. I grabbed her and navigated into her crate, Safe place, when she dropped that dead mouse I almost puked there  :P :D Why do they do these things to us?  ::) :P
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 02:32:36 pm by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 02:26:18 pm »
Oh Gross.  :)  how scarey. 

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 12:52:58 am »
Good girl Sadie, giving Mommy your special present!!

I totally understand about washing the hand.  Our previous dog Stoli was running around the backyard with a stick, I said great I'll go play with her for a while I called her over, bent down to pick up the "stick" and realized it wasn't a stick....it was a full rabbit let...SO gross!!

Stoli looked very confused as I ran around the yard like a crazy person saying iwww, iwww, iwww.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 04:02:06 am »
Same thing here, but not a mouse, a rat(s).  Luckily, I'm not to squeemish.

And since (in most places) it's getting a bit cooler out, how about mouse stew.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 05:56:52 am »
How about Mouse-taccioli
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 08:36:46 am »
 :D :D :D :D :D

ROFLMAO!!

I'm going to have to post some of these over on the Newf board!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Viking Lady

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 04:54:55 pm »
Kept the little grandson yesterday and after he left I chased Luke around the yard for 20 minutes trying to get hime to drop a poopy diaper he got out of the trash.

How about chicken fried mice and a pupu platter?

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 10:45:02 am »
Some of you have stronger stomachs (and psyches) than me. I'd be pretty sad if my dogs killed something (especially furry somethings) and grossed out if it came inside with them.

Someone left a dead snake at the back porch today. I don't think they killed it, b/c it was already decomposing. The only squirrels Sadie has caught have been dead ones, as well. My dogs aren't great hunters. The only thing they manage to pick up are chicken bones that people toss out their windows on the way home from the chicken place about a mile from here.  >:(

The only semi-successful hunter in my house is the cat. Bevo regularly kills cockroaches, eats their bellies, then dismembers them and leaves the legs, head, and wings for me. And, no, he doesn't understand the drop command.  ;)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 11:09:56 am »
Ha hahahahaha!!  Naja know's the "Drop it" command really well thanks to her love of picking up dead things.  I got really sick of fishing half decomposed squirrels and cats out of her mouth.   :P

How about Chicken Fried Mice?  ;) ;D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!