Author Topic: Can dogs sleep with the light on?  (Read 11355 times)

jesday

Can dogs sleep with the light on?
« on: December 14, 2008, 08:01:17 pm »
Double coated big fluffy dogs boil in hot house of cold furless human mom. Big fluffy dogs beg to be let out into nice cool garage for bedtime. Furless mom can't believe even with double coats and foam mats and fleece beds they are warm enough in insulated garage when temps are getting into single digits outside.

Furless hubs gets tired of listening to mom cry about perfectly fine fluffs and goes out to buy a safe radiant heater to take the edge off the cold.

Furless mom cheers and claps with happiness until she goes out to turn off Christmas lights and is practically blinded by the glow of the heater. Fluffs are sound asleep until mom says, "Awww, it's so bright in here. I wonder if they mind the light never going out for the night?"

Furless hubs put 'Christmas lights timer' on his shopping list.

But seriously, do dogs care if it's light or not. I know I need darkness for a good night's sleep and even then I have the pillow over my eyes. 8)

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Can dogs sleep with the light on?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 11:16:18 pm »
My dogs sleep anywhere, anytime. Doesn't matter if its light or not. I'm sitting here in the computer room, with the light on and they are both snoring at my feet. I do leave the bathroom light at the opposite end of the house on for them in the night time...cause my house is really, really dark at night.
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

lookingfornewf

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 02:21:03 am »
No, mine don't care if it's light or dark. Annie does like to sleep under the covers, but it's just to keep warm. As for Clifford I'm not sure he would ever get cold. He'll go lay outside on the coldest day of the year on the snow and bark at me to come out and play on such a nice day.

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 07:35:14 am »
Athena could care less. She still sleeps with a cat or 2 walking on her. Just lays there snooring away. I wish I could sleep so well!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties