Author Topic: Soggy Boggy Boys  (Read 3557 times)

Offline luvmenewfs

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Soggy Boggy Boys
« on: August 14, 2005, 06:07:48 am »
You know about the group "Brother where art thow" and the Soggy bottom boys?

Well this is my soggy boggy boys!  Bryce went running at a full pace and hit a bog hole.  VERY VERY deep and no bottom.  It was plain ole heck getting him out.  Rob pushed while I pulled.

Nasty nasty mess.  It was right at the beginning of the walk too. Bryce and Monty decided to continue the walk.  Monty is ever so hyper he could care less we were having to pull Bryce out of the muck.    ::)

All went well even though Hubby had to walk without his shoes.   :)

Icerotti

Re: Soggy Boggy Boys
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 07:53:34 am »
Poor Bryce :o
That would have been quit the site to see the extraction of Bryce from the bog. You must of had to clean your car too when you got home ;)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 11:43:08 pm »
You know about the group "Brother where art thow" and the Soggy bottom boys?

Well this is my soggy boggy boys!  Bryce went running at a full pace and hit a bog hole.  VERY VERY deep and no bottom.  It was plain ole heck getting him out.  Rob pushed while I pulled.

Nasty nasty mess.  It was right at the beginning of the walk too. Bryce and Monty decided to continue the walk.  Monty is ever so hyper he could care less we were having to pull Bryce out of the muck.    ::)

All went well even though Hubby had to walk without his shoes.   :)
OMG!...I thought my little "bog" out back was bad!...your dogs are gorgeous though clean or muddy! ;D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 07:02:34 am »
Beautiful dogs!  Makes me want one.

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 07:07:31 am »
HAHAHA! I would have LOVED to see a big ol Newf getting pulled out of the bog like Winnie the Pooh out of a honey pot! hahahaha! That's great!

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 08:42:59 am »
Uh-Oh! This whole Island is bog!!! I guess I will be in for some of the same fun. ;D The pics are excellent.

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 10:29:25 pm »
Wow great shots, great looking boys.  Where in the world do you live where you get those black ugly, soggy bogs? Oh Brother Where Art Thou is truly one of my favorite of all time movies.  I still play the soundtrack even on my computer over and over.  Thanks for sharing

Peggy
Peggy

Offline luvmenewfs

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 02:44:30 am »
Thanks for the compliments on our boys!  They are the apple of our eye beside our brand new grandbabies! 

We live in Southeast Alaska.  We have major amounts of muskeg.  This is because we live in a temperate rain forest.  So you can be walking along and literally fall into a bog hole.  Get this, the area you see is the only "official" off leash park for dogs.  We go there because no one ever goes there.  Who wants to clean up muddy dogs after a good romp?

Well, we are going to stake off the bog holes we find with string and flags.  The boys won't go through them if they see them and it will also let others know about the holes. 

As for running the boys there, it is very good on their muscles.  The entire area is soft, not mushy but soft, and it's like running on thick carpeting!!

Hubby had to plant his feet in the side wall going up to his knees to get his arms under Bryce's rear end, I was in front with my arms wrapped around his front shoulders and pulled.  This is the first time the boys missed a bog hole.  It was scarey.  Bryce was hanging on the edge looking at me like, "Mom, I falled in a big hole.  Can you helped me?"

Luvmenewfs