Author Topic: Loki is staying with me!  (Read 3744 times)

Offline charlotte5050

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Loki is staying with me!
« on: August 14, 2005, 10:57:05 am »
I couldn't do it.  I just could not let her go to live with my daughter.  I just love her too much.  I would not be able to see her smile when I went outside, I wouldn't get anymore slobbering kisses, and heaven knows how much I would miss having her in my lap whenever I sat in the porch swing.

I suggested to them that they check out the nearest rescue facility for their next dog.  It would do them all (expecially the dog! :D) so much good.

Thanks for putting up with me through all of this.  You all made me think hard about what would be missing from my life if I let her go.

Charlotte
Charlotte

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Loki is staying with me!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 11:04:31 am »
That's the best news!!!...I am all smiles here right now!...I'm so happy for you & Loki!!!!!

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 11:05:37 am »
Great news to hear today!!!  ;)
Enjoy all the rotti lovin. ;D ::) ;D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 11:09:50 am by Icerotti »

Offline charlotte5050

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 05:23:08 pm »
Loki is not totally an outside dog. 

She comes in the house to hang out everyday when I am home.  I enjoy her company and after a while in the house, she finally settles down and then naps at my feet-she on one side and Foxy on the other.  She has learned though that she must use her "house manners" (no roughhousing!) which are different than her outside manners. 

We do like to sit in the porch swing in the evenings.  Loki and Red Dog, the border collie, race to see who gets to sit in the swing with me.  Sometimes I have all 3 dogs in it with me!  Talk about a load!

She does spend the nights outside and when I am at work, she is outside.  We built a doggy duplex several years ago that has 3" of insulation in the top, sides, and back, so it is cool in the summer and warm in the winter.  In the winter, when it is super cold, I still bring them in to sleep on the back porch.

Red dog is teaching her "the ropes" which consists on watching out for "Mama" and don't let anyone get too close.  If they touch the fence, they are fair game.  We live in the country, so that is acceptable.  The dogs know who is OK and anyone that they don't know - and some that they do! - are not OK.  My Border collie is VERY protective of me.

Red dog has also taught her that skunks, coons and badgers are bad and need to be assassinated.  Stray cats also fit into this category.  Fortunately, I keep a LOT of Febreeze and tomato juice on hand!

The more I think about this, the more reasons I find to be glad that I chose to not let her go to my daughter's in Missouri.  Not to mention that she found out that she would loose her house insurance if she had a Rottweiler.  Her town does not have BSL, but her insurance company said that they would cancel her.

I'm so glad she is still here!
Charlotte

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 08:03:17 am »
I am so happy to hear that Loki will remain in her home.  You know, she is counting on stability and being by your side throughout all the ups and downs of her entire life.

It is difficult at times.  In every arena of life we encounter bumps along the way that cause us to feel that letting one thing or another go will solve our problems, drown our torment and anxiety.  I think the reward of having Loki will outweight the squabbles and challenges.  Usually it is based on how hard we try and what we put into solving our problems.  I try to find the learning experience and keep to the thought that I can do more if I put my mind to it.

Hope to hear more about Loki and her family.  I am very happy!  And she lives on a farm, too!  Wonderful for her!
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline loki

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Loki's Place
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 08:12:27 am »
I am?

Offline mitchie

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Daisy n' Phoebe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 05:30:14 am »
Hooray!  Wonderful news for you and for Loki!