Author Topic: Diesel the tough guy  (Read 6540 times)

Offline GoofyNewfie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Diesel the tough guy
« on: December 17, 2008, 02:50:30 pm »
Yesterday we went to a friend's house, a farm with some livestock and Dexter, the huge GP farm dog. We left Diesel outside to be a dog, which was met with a bit of whining. Until it was time for Dexter to perform one of his duties: barking at the coyotes. So Diesel creeps up next to Dexter, emitting little wimpy yelps, looking from left to right, at Dexter, at us at the door, like "is it okay? can I do it too?"

So then, seeing that he seemed to be getting away with it, he creeps up a bit closer to Dexter, until he's right next to him, all puffy chested, howling at the coyotes like he meant business... All feeling tough next to big 'ol Dexter  ::) :D

We didn't tell him how cute he was, you know, not to cramp his style  ;)
Diesel, 6 month old Newf.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Re: Diesel the tough guy
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 02:56:53 pm »
Good job Diesel!  Just remember - don't bark like the Pyrs when you're at home.  Mom will NOT like that.
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

lookingfornewf

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 02:10:16 am »
I want pictures, don't you know when they do something cute like that we need pictures. That does sound like it was very cute, so Diesel is a big, brave, tough boy now. Then did he come back to the door to get in so he could come sit on your lap.

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 03:34:35 am »
I want pictures, don't you know when they do something cute like that we need pictures. That does sound like it was very cute, so Diesel is a big, brave, tough boy now. Then did he come back to the door to get in so he could come sit on your lap.

Yep we need pics!! HAHAHA
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

KBNewf

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 02:31:41 pm »
Don't you know you should keep a camcorder attached to you at all times???? We need to see stuff like this! Good job Diesel!

Offline GoofyNewfie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 06:34:59 pm »
I definitely wish I had pictures! Murphy's law for cuteness and cameras around here  ;)

Dexter seems to love having an apprentice. He is soooo mellow.  They get along the best-though in the beginning I think Diesel may have been alarmed by the gigantic beast's interest in him  :)

It's always interesting bringing him to the farm, where he has to stay outside with the dogs and the cows, you know, "be a dog" a bit (as opposed to a prince of the household  ::) ::) ).
Diesel, 6 month old Newf.

Viking Lady

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 06:41:39 pm »
I keep picturing him trying to work and looking back for permission or approval. That is the cutest doggone face!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 02:51:30 pm »
So cute! You need to snap a pic the next time they're in action together.  :)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.