Mixed Breeds > Mixed Breed Discussion

Has anyone tried DNA testing their dog?

<< < (2/2)

MagicM3:
Interesting thread..Falkor was DNA tested before I got him because two males were able to get in with his mother and they needed to find out which one was Dad..as it turned out it was not the one they had planned to beed with but since all were registered Collies it wasn't a problem at least not for the people recieving the pups..

I also had him tested for MDR1 which is something Collies as well as some other herding dogs are prone to..he was found to have the mutation..so I know what not to have him take in the way of meds..

As far as testing mix's I have to agree that even in pure bred's  there will be a mix..

Have no idea of how accurate they are..and it really doesn't matter to most of us that have a mix..Emma is a mix and I have no doubts that she is what they said she is..simply because I can see both..Rotti/Peke...

She could have a half dozen others and it wouldn't matter to me..
But then I am not the kind that needs to have an answer to everything..I usually accept what the great wide universe has placed in my path and do the best with what I have..

Happy New Year Everyone

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version