Author Topic: Help paying for surgery  (Read 5279 times)

Offline swells

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Help paying for surgery
« on: January 02, 2009, 02:47:34 pm »
I was wondering if anyone knows of a program that helps people pay for surgeries on their dog if they need assistance. I work at a vet clinic and we have a 19 month old Bullmastiff that comes in that needs a TPLO and one of his eyes removed due to glaucoma (due to an injury he received as a pup), but the family is unable to pay and is considering euthanizing. They are not willing to turn the dog over to a rescue organization.
Thanks,
Stacie

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Help paying for surgery
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 02:53:14 pm »
Try Carecredit.com:

CareCredit - As a service to our clients, we are pleased to offer CareCredit, the nation’s leading patient client plan. With CareCredit you can finance 100% of your vet care and there are no upfront costs, no annual fees, and no pre-payment penalties. So, you can begin treatment today and conveniently pay with low, monthly payments.

CareCredit offers several payment plans so you can find one that works best for you. With the popular No Interest Payment Plans* there are no interest charges if you pay your balance in full within the specified time period. Monthly payments can be as low as 3% of your balance. For treatment plans from $1,500 to $25,000, CareCredit offers 24, 36, and 48 month plan options with low monthly payments available.

Also check out: angels4animals .org

many local humane societies have funds available for emergency veterinary care as grants or loans for low-income pet owners.

google "financial assistance vet care" and there are lots of possibilities

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Rajas Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Feeling a little cramped in the car (by choice)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 05:52:32 pm »
I actually have a Care Credit card (from an old wisdom tooth surgery of my husband's that we got blindsided by) and I went to cancel it after we paid it off and then realized that in today's economy (probably not as likely to get approved with the limit we have now) and dogs...  It's my so far never used back up plan if we need it.
Raja (Our Princess), 3 yr St. Benard
Charlie (Our Calico Cat), 3 yr
Bocephus (Wild & Crazy Lab), RIP
Shadow (Secretly a Cat Schipperke Mix), RIP

Offline swells

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 03:43:22 am »
Thank you everyone for your input. I will give the information to the owners and see what they say. I might end up with a new mastiff to add to my brood if they are willing to give him to me, because I can not let them euthanize this sweet dog. They said they would not turn him over to rescue, but maybe they would turn him over to someone they know. I don't even know if my gang would accept him. I already have a 6 year old English Mastiff, a 3 year old Newfie and a 1.5 year old St. Bernard.

Stacie