Author Topic: Grace's mom is really sick * Happy Update  (Read 5361 times)

lins_saving_grace

Grace's mom is really sick * Happy Update
« on: December 18, 2008, 12:49:10 pm »
I got en email from my breeder today.  Shine, Grace's mom may have cancer.  She has lost 20 pounds since April.   Her pancreas levels are really out of whack and they are treating her for pancreatitis.  If she is not better in 3-7 days it is cancer.  She is not even having normal stool.  It is mostly blood.

And at the same time, Grace's sister is about really preggo.  "I think her ribs are going to give out soon.  Poor thing looks like a sausage already and she has another 2 1/2 weeks to go."

I guess Shine is almost 11.  I know she's pretty old and all, but still. 
I'm hoping the best for her however it turns out.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 08:50:02 am by Lin »

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Grace's mom is really sick
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 12:54:20 pm »
Sending good thoughts to Shine and to her owner.  It has to be really stressful getting ready for a litter of pups and having a sick pup in the house also.  Big hugs to both of them.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 01:46:52 pm »
11 is a long life for most dogs.  But no matter how old they are, it's never easy to let them go.  Grace is almost 4 and I worry that she's almost in her golden years.  none of them live long enough.

Offline ruffian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 07:18:53 pm »
I am going through the golden years with the Shibas, 11 and 13, and I swear I will never have 2 dogs that close in age again, I worry all the time about if ruffians hips start acting up, and tonkas epilepsy worsens, how the heck am I going to handle it, 2 aging dogs is not fun at all.

I am very sorry about Graces mom, and I hope it turns out well.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 07:19:32 pm by ruffian »

angelsmama

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 08:00:34 pm »
Aww I hope it's not cancer :( Angel is 6 now and I know my poor girl is getting up there in age. Dotty was 11 yrs & 3 months when she died in her sleep.

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 07:09:57 am »
I have my order in too... ;)  Poor Shine--Its so hard to see them not well.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 08:46:02 am »
On a happy note, Grace's mom is doing better.  the meds worked and she is spunky and happy go lucky again.  No more bloody stool.  so she seems to be out of the woods. 
And Kasey, Grace's sister, is going to pop this weekend.  I've demanded pictures.