Author Topic: Is there a secret to playing with a Pyr?  (Read 7751 times)

Viking Lady

Is there a secret to playing with a Pyr?
« on: January 04, 2009, 04:28:26 am »
I've never had a dog that liked to go outside to watch me get some exercise.

jesday

Re: Is there a secret to playing with a Pyr?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 04:48:02 am »
Luke, you handsome devil. Was he getting spruced up for a hot date? I love the avatar. :D

Viking Lady

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 05:02:55 am »
Thanks.  He was just prowling.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 05:30:00 am »
Ursa actually likes to play occasionally.  She likes to chase her toys or chase me.  She does want me to mention that she is NOT a retriever and there's no bringing the toy back!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 03:04:39 am »
I get mine to play by sending my ankle biters after them.  Chaos quickly ensues!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wFCBtXaap4

Viking Lady

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 11:39:37 am »
That's how Luke is. He will play for just a few minutes with a ball. The most he runs is when I am trying to get something away from him. He'll run fast and forever when that happens. Otherwise..... ....

I guess that's what I need..some ankle biters!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 03:05:09 am »
My godmother's Pyr wasn't big on playing. It was clearly beneath her dignity (and don't get her started on the horror of sharing her house with a herd of Newfs, LOL!). Lily spent her life with a look of resignation and mild disgust on her face.

I’ve noticed that at the Dog Park the adult Pyrs are mostly like Lily, not very playful. They roam around and accept the occasional pet (their due), but they don’t romp.

OMG!!! You totally talking about my Lily! LOL I love dog parks and she enjoys it sometimes, like one out of 10  :D
She mostly walks along the fence line and keep all of the dogs in order with a little disgust on her face! BAHAHAHA

The best I can do is to get another one of THOSE disgusted creatures  :D :D :D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 03:07:13 am by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Jackie12

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 07:10:34 am »
Indiana loves to play with our pittbull.  He runs and wrestles.  When we go to the dogpark, he runs and plays.  If I go to the dogpark with our pitty, then Indiana is more reserved.  But when with the pitty, he finds every single mudpuddle and water hole he can and eithers sits in the muddy yucky stuff or rolls around in it.  I go in with a white pyrenees and come out with a mudcovered one.  He does like to swim after a tennis ball in the dog pond at the park.  He doesn't always bring back the ball, though, and he never gives it to me.  If he brings it back out of the water, he usually drops it just short of the edge and still in the water, or he runs off with it!   I sure do love my pyrenees!