Author Topic: PHEW, were back in one piece.  (Read 7881 times)

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
PHEW, were back in one piece.
« on: January 05, 2009, 01:33:09 pm »
First, let me say HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!
Our trip to Louisiana was quite eventful.  Gunner did get car sick on the way there.  He puked IN my purse, not on it, IN it!!!   Thank goodness it wasnt one of my good purses.
He did great meeting new people and other dogs and my cousins horses and the rabbit.
We tried letting him off leash to see how he would do and he came back everytime we called him.  He would run ahead then look back to see if we were still there.  I wish we had land for them to run on,  they looked so happy to be running loose.
They did get out of the fence at my MIL's on Christmas day and KIra attacked the neighbors cat and it hasnt been seen since.  They then proceeded to make thier way to a pasture and chase cows.  That was fun getting Kira to stop chasing them.  Gunner would come when called but then he saw how much fun Kira was having and rejoined her ::)
The pasture and cow owner just stood on his porch and laughed at us.   I was not at all amused!
the trip back was much better for Gunner, no puking this time.
Im glad to be back in my own home, in my own bed and so are the pups.  The minute we walked through the door they were on thier backs rolling all over the place.

Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

KBNewf

Re: PHEW, were back in one piece.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 02:10:28 pm »
Aw! Sounds like they had alot of fun! Did you take any pictures?? :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 02:58:35 pm »
he loves you enough to puke in your purse.  you'll find little chunks for a while i bet. 

jesday

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 03:25:32 pm »
I wish we had land for them to run on,  they looked so happy to be running loose.

Im glad to be back in my own home, in my own bed and so are the pups.  The minute we walked through the door they were on thier backs rolling all over the place.

Home is where the puke is -- I mean bed. Sure they loved to run around on Christmas vacation, but nothing beats home. ;)

Glad you all made it back safe and sound.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 03:27:53 pm »
I wish we had land for them to run on,  they looked so happy to be running loose.

Home is where the puke is -- I mean bed. Sure they loved to run around on Christmas vacation, but nothing beats home. ;)

Glad you all made it back safe and sound.

I second that.  me and grace live in a small apartment and everyone thought we wouldn't survive with her being "SO BIG".  luckily we have a lot of heart...and luckily we have little puke.  :)  sorry.

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 05:05:31 pm »
Aw! Sounds like they had alot of fun! Did you take any pictures?? :)

I did take some.  I need to find the usb canle to my new camera to download them.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
Beta fish-Mak

AudgePadge

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 08:20:27 am »
Aw that sounds like fun! Except for the puking...

Roscoe does that too, hubs drives a little too crazy for puppers and he pukes everytime...Yo u'd think they both would've learned

EEK! i can't wait to see your pictures, and...i hope the cat comes home...

Happy New Year!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 08:29:52 am »
Glad to hear your trip went pretty well.
Also glad the cow and pasture's owner was amused and not pissed off.
Ewwwwww, on taking pix of puke!  :P  :P  :-X

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 01:23:47 pm »
Glad to hear your trip went pretty well.
Also glad the cow and pasture's owner was amused and not pissed off.
Ewwwwww, on taking pix of puke!  :P  :P  :-X

The neighborhood that my in-laws live in is where my husband grew up,  so luckily the pasture owner knows my husbands family well.
He said that Gordon traded in his 3 wheeler for 2 large dogs to chase the cows....lol
My husband was pretty much a terror in his youth and spent  alot of time tipping cows(really more like being chased by the bull) in that pasture.
If it had been anyone else's property,  I would have freaked and prayed they wouldnt have us arrested for trespassing.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
Beta fish-Mak

jesday

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 03:02:19 pm »
So what really is 'tipping cows'? Do you actually push them over? And the purpose of this well known pastime is...?

Seems like hubby's suitcase should have been the puke recipient. :D

Viking Lady

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 03:21:31 pm »
I've wondered about that too. I had heard of tipping out houses over. But cow tipping was new to me?

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 04:01:10 pm »
So what really is 'tipping cows'? Do you actually push them over? And the purpose of this well known pastime is...?

Seems like hubby's suitcase should have been the puke recipient. :D

I have no clue,  asked Gordon and he said he never actually tipped one over,  He said they would push them and they would either walk away or just moo and the bull would come running.
It's purpose?  To entertain bored, stupid teenage kids, I guess.

Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
Beta fish-Mak