Pit Bulls > Pit Bull Discussions & Pictures

Judge orders 2 dogs be euthanized for barking

<< < (3/3)

Guardian Angel's White lightning:
In MA they are trying to pass a law where if your dog is barking outside and a neighbor calls and complains then the animal control can euthanize the dogs while the owners are away.  It is the anti-dog nucence law!!!

ZooCrew:

--- Quote ---In MA they are trying to pass a law where if your dog is barking outside and a neighbor calls and complains then the animal control can euthanize the dogs while the owners are away.  It is the anti-dog nucence law!!!

--- End quote ---

OMG!! That is just aweful!  >:(  I can't imagine that would pass.  I mean for pete's sake, all dogs will bark at some time when outside.  I would hate for someone's dog to be put down b/c their neighbor hates their dog or has a grudge against them.

CadillacQueen:
Would he feel threatened if they were wagging their tails and rolling over to show their bellies?

If he felt threatened enough to have to use his bike as a shield against them, then they weren't out to play.

ZooCrew:

--- Quote ---Would he feel threatened if they were wagging their tails and rolling over to show their bellies?

If he felt threatened enough to have to use his bike as a shield against them, then they weren't out to play.

I DISagree completely. I am a dog walker and have walked by with perfectly behaved dogs from Labs to Great Danes to schnoodles and had people freak out completely. As soon as we're about to pass they will slam up against a building or put theirs arms up against them to try and prevent a dog bite, meanwhile the dog I am walking is smelling the ground and not even looking at the person. Many people OVERREACT big time and I bet that man was.

And there is certainly NO NEED to punish the dogs if NOTHING happened.

--- End quote ---

I agree with Julie.  Gunther has a weird habit of liking to smell people sometimes either as we pass, or the second we pass them he'll turn to get a whiff.  He's not doing it aggressively, merely a swing of the head in their direction.  He continues walking in a straight line otherwise.

I have had people freak out on this.  Most people just stiffen up, some move out of the way long before we even get close.  Some raise their arms out of the way (not sure what this is doing other than they think he drools?........really they're just getting his attention..... ....lol).  And I had one guy I think almost pee his pants......... .lol.  And this was when Gunther was a pup and being much more obvious on the smelling.

Really, this is the equivalent of having someone arrested  b/c they were following you, looked at you funny and you felt threatened that they might mug you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version