Author Topic: Woody  (Read 6218 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Woody
« on: January 08, 2009, 01:04:23 pm »

Do you know anyone looking to adopt a large dog?  One of the guys from work is trying to place their dog....wife and kids all have allergies and their doctor is saying it is the dog.

He is great with kids and they are heart broken.... but they need to find a home for him within the next week or so or he will have to go to a rescue group or the humane society.  My co-worker has exhausted all of his contacts and is really distraught so I said I would do what I could.....  I have attached some pics.  

His name is Woody.....he is a boxer/shepherd mix, ~ 4 years old and has been fixed......

Please pass this on to anyone you know that might be interested. They can call me here at work and I will put them in touch with him.  Our number is 614-224-7141.  My cell number is 614-271-9879.

Thanks so much!

Julie Jones

Assistant Corporate Controller

Lancaster Colony Corporation

37 W. Broad Street

Columbus, OH   43215

Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

jesday

Re: Woody
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 02:27:00 pm »
Ever hear of Zyrtec, Benedryl, Claritine?? My daughter has allergies and she takes Zyrtec whenever she comes to visit. Works great for her. It doesn't sound like this family has exhausted all avenues. There probably won't be much sympathy from BPO if that is their only reason for re-homing him.

How long have they had him? They just now discovered allergies? Why the 'next-week' deadline? They've had him this long. Can't they keep him until they find him a decent home however long that takes?

This is not directed at you. I know you are just trying to help, but goodness, look at that face! 

One can only pray for a good outcome in this situation.

Offline GoofyNewfie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 02:33:55 pm »
I have slight dog allergies, and I own a Newf. I thought for years that I could never own a dog till I dog sat 2 dogs for a friend as an extreme favor. It was at their place, which till then I had to visit equipped with benedryl. But when dog sitting, I noticed that I was fine with my allergies with a vaccuming and dusting every 2 days. That's when I knew I could get a dog.

I'd seriously try keeping more on top of cleaning before ditching the dog! The effort has been well worth it for me and my house is cleaner than it has ever been.
Diesel, 6 month old Newf.

Viking Lady

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 03:59:55 pm »
It's been my experience with any allergy symptoms the first question asked many times is "Do you have a dog?". My daughter went through an "icky" treatment for mites when she had a new baby that she was nursing because the Dr. said it was mites from their dogs. They were also told to clean their whole house with bleach water and wash all the fabrics in the house. It was, in fact, an exzema from nerves.

Offline GoofyNewfie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 04:09:35 pm »
Sorry for the r-epost, but it just hit me-- ALL the kids AND the wife, ALL OF A SUDDEN have dog allergies?? Doesn't that sound off? I mean, all of them at the same time suddenly developed dog allergies?! :-\ ???
Diesel, 6 month old Newf.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 05:19:09 pm »
He looks like he is a member of the family, such lovely christmas photos.

I hope he finds a good home.
I'm curious though if they've actually been tested for dog allergies?
My mom has horrible allergies and went thru being tested for everything.  She though she was allergic to the cat, but turns out she was actually allergic to the dog (that lived outside) among numerous other things.  They still have a dog btw.  ;)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 04:03:17 am »
I know it is really sad i hope he finds a wonderful home i go for my shots every week 2x because i am allergic to my pups but...........  by no means would i EVER give them up! Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 05:23:43 am »
When my son comes to visit he takes Singular and is fine while here. He said he'd rather be miserable than the dog leave.

Anyway back to poor Woody...how is he with other dogs? and cats?
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties