Author Topic: Big white dog for lease....cheap!  (Read 11740 times)

Viking Lady

Big white dog for lease....cheap!
« on: January 08, 2009, 04:14:08 pm »
Luke has been working extra hard the last few nights, keeping my fenced and padlocked yard safe from who knows what by barking non stop. He comes in the house to play for 10 minutes, so I know he will only take short breaks, then he wants to get back outside to work. Only takes short meal breaks. He's willing to work overtime. If anyone could use a dedicated barker for a couple days I could catch a quick nap.

Offline GoofyNewfie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Big white dog for lease....cheap!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 04:17:23 pm »
Do you think he could come over and toughen up our dog?  ;D
Diesel, 6 month old Newf.

Viking Lady

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 04:35:16 pm »
hehe I'm afraid he would be a bad influence.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 04:39:46 pm »
a lot of bosses like that kind of determination and ambition.

Viking Lady

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 04:15:50 am »
I saw your couch pictures, Stella, on another post and I'm afraid if Luke went there I would have trouble getting him to come home.

Last night wasn't too bad. He went to sleep about midnight.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 02:04:55 pm »
I'm sorry, but this post made me laugh. Hopefully Luke chills out soon and returns to his old self.  :)

Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 06:10:25 pm »
Heh Heh Heh...  8)

Luke found his Pyr voice eh?  Don't you worry now, you won't be having any trouble from out of place snow flakes, low flying satilites, or trespassing squirrels anymore ;) :D.  Hopefully you don't have any neighbors too close by, or at least ones that that mind an on patrol Pyr.  ;)

If you do figure out how to get him to stop barking, please send the info my way, I've been trying unsuccessfully to get Naja to shut up since she was about 9 months old.  Sometimes I think she barks just because she likes the sound of her own voice! ::)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 03:30:42 am »
Send him my way.  One more barking voice would never be noticed here.  Between Jake, Cody and ChiChi, I have dogs barking at everything that moves, makes a noise, or might move or make a noise.  We have construction going on, on a commercial lot behind our house and the dogs have been absolutely crazy this week.  I won't let them out, after 9AM or before 4PM, because they are trying their best to knock our fence down to get to the idiot construction workers that keep yelling and whistling at them.  I don't think they understand, ChiChi does not want to meet them, she wants to eat them.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline lucyswoman

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 08:18:21 pm »
The only way I can get rest in the day time is to bring all the dogs into the TV room, turn on the tv, close the curtains and basically become a vampire for around an hour. In fact that is where I am right now.  :D My dogs sleep in the bed room with us. ::)
wooooof woof wo wow wooof woooof

Offline MollyGirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 07:30:09 am »
Same here, if I want to catch a little nap, or the kids are sleeping in by chance, I have to take Phoebe downstairs and block off the stair case so she cant lay on the landing and "guard" the house.  She loves the sound of her own voice.  What works sometimes outside is if I just say to her "do you wanna go in" and then she will lie down and stop.  I have learned to live with it, my DH on the other hand it drives him nuts. 
Becky
Phoebe 1-1/2 Yr.Great Pyrenees
MollyGirl No longer with us Pyr/Springer mix

Offline Rajas Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Feeling a little cramped in the car (by choice)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 01:58:07 am »
How cute, I think I'll pass. I already have a protector doing laps around the yard.  My parents roll their eyes as I validate her, you never know.. that leaf that just moved in the neighbor's yard might be a terrorist.  My only peace is in the house... which is where the lab picks up.  Anything that crosses our sidewalk is cause for him to bark for 30 minutes.

Both know the word quiet and it helps sometimes... :)
Raja (Our Princess), 3 yr St. Benard
Charlie (Our Calico Cat), 3 yr
Bocephus (Wild & Crazy Lab), RIP
Shadow (Secretly a Cat Schipperke Mix), RIP