Author Topic: Sophie's home  (Read 3726 times)

jesday

Sophie's home
« on: January 09, 2009, 02:55:15 pm »
Sophie was up and alert today so I decided to just bring her home instead of another stay at regular vet.

She looks quite stylish in the back of the rig. Motorists weren't too impressed as I took that shot while stopped at a red light that turned green a little too quickly. ;)

Anyway, I'll save you from all the details, but we are home, Syrus is being a good big brother and we will deal with this one day at a time. I was surprised however when they told me they will X-ray at 2 months and if things look good they want to do the 2nd leg at that time. The sooner they can do it the less arthritis will set in.

I like the idea of getting her completely fixed as soon as possible, but - ouch - the pocketbook. :o

I had to drug Sophie to get her to settle down. They told me to do that, honest. But it is evident she is happy to be home.

Thanks again for all the good wishes. And I'm sure I will be asking a ton of questions as we go through the stages of recovery. First one: She won't go potty. She wants to go to the end of the driveway that is waaaaaay to far for her to be walking. When or how did others with ACL repairs go potty?

DenverFurKiddos

Re: Sophie's home
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 03:02:34 pm »
HOORAY!!  I'm so happy to hear that Sophie is back home with the fam!  Her little  purple leg is beyond cute!

Hmm....as for the potty thing...I remember my parents making my golden retriever (growing up) a sling that helped her walk and eventually that helped her feel more secure with the whole potty thing.....Hope fully others here will be more helpful.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 03:04:53 pm »
Sophie!  That's some stylish vet wrap you got going there!

So glad that she's home!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

lorim2

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 03:44:07 pm »
cant help with the question but I just want to say I am so glad she is home with the fam!  Lots of healing vibes and slobbery kisses coming your way ;D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 03:53:03 pm »
that is one stylish cast.  :)glad she's home.  she does look happy to be home.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 03:57:48 pm »
Potty is awful.  Grace likes a certain spot.  After surgery i had to beg her to use a close temporary spot.  she'd look at her spot ALL THE WAY OVER THERE and whine like "but I wanna go there!"   she would bounce around in the little spot I dug out for her and reluctantly go.  sometimes she wouldn't go and have to hold it till there was no time to go looking for that perfect spot. 
It wouldn't have been so hard, but both of her legs were done in the peek of winter and 10 feet of snow.  makes it harder.
they get into a temporary groove, which makes potty easier when they can get to that spot they just love to use.

lookingfornewf

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 05:49:39 pm »
I'm so happy to hear Sophie is home again. I'm sure you are glad she's home too. What did Syrus do when he first saw her? Was he excited or all gentle and sweet? Good luck with the long recovery.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 06:09:27 pm »
YAYAYAYAY!!  I'm glad she's home!!  Here's hoping for a safe and speedy recovery.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 08:23:40 am »
We just wanted you to know that we are thinking about you.  How is Sophie doing today?  We send her our love.

Robyn, Denise and Cirra