Author Topic: Promises Broken  (Read 4274 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Promises Broken
« on: January 11, 2009, 02:09:58 pm »
I just don't understand people i found a dog on petfinder for my friend even arranged free transport from a kind man traveling from Albany to Buffalo 1 person directly to Buffalo the woman who promised me the dog happily said she would have her ready on Sunday you can even read the email she sent me. Today when i called her to make sure the arrangements were set she told me she had given the dog to a man????????????????? I sensed she was in a hurry to get rid of the dog but why would she promise the dog to me and then give her to someone else? She told me she couldn't take care of her anymore they have a Lab as well and a new baby.The person who was looking forward to her arrival is heart broken and now i have to start all over in my search! Marina

Amanda please call me I will give your # to the transporter when he calls at 11 this am. He will be leaving Albany around 4 today thank you Marina

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2009 2:22 AM
To: 'acgshorton'
Subject: RE: dog: sheltie-mini collie

Transporter will be leaving Albany around 4 today if you need to contact me you have my phone # I will not be near my computer since it has snowed I will be plowing if there are any changes PLEASE call me so I don’t waste the transporters time thank you Marina

There is nothing more rewarding than the wag of a tail and a big sloppy kiss, from a dog who knows you are giving him that second chance of finding a forever home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Marina

sunday would be great i have her all ready she doesn't have any bad habits.she loves being right by  your side, even if i'm in the shower she'll lay right out side the shower door. she's good with my kids and the other dog we have cho. lab. i just don't have the time to take her to the groomers lik she needs or be able to spend the time that i need to with her. she is crate   trianed she loves riding in the car and just being right by your side. yes she can be left on her own. she sleeps in her cage at night. she wines when she has to go out and i never chain her up i just let her out back, she does her bussiness and waits by the door. please call me ********** amanda 

I have not heard back from you and I have transport for Shelby on Sunday please contact me thanks Marina

Does she have any bad habits? I am looking for a company for my ex husbands dog he is about 1 1/2 and full of energy. Is she crate trained? Can she be left on her own? He works out of his home and is gone maybe for 1 hr at a time during the day. His dog is on a  love and needs a playmate. Please tell me all you can about her and why you must rehome her. Thanks Marina

To: Marina
Subject: Re: dog: sheltie-mini collie

marina,
 shelby is a 4 year old female and she loves attention, the out doors and she gets along with kids,dogs kittens. i just don't have the time to take her to the groomers like she needs or spend time with her.
              amanda

can you tell me how old she is? thank marina

dog: sheltie-mini collie

01-05-2009

Id: 

Owner: 

sprakers, NY
acgshorton@peoplepc.com
Amanda

Name:

shelby

Adult

Sex:

Male

Size:

Medium

shelby is a mini collie she loves attention, i have do let her go due to not having enough time to spend with her. she's good with other dogs and kids. up she's up to date on her shots and flea meds. no asking for money just a loving home

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:50:27 pm by DaneInsane »
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Promises Broken
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 02:15:54 pm »
Unfortunately, I've heard this is a commen occurance with Craigslist, although I haven't heard of this being a problem with petfinder.

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out.  But I have no doubt you will find your friend the right dog.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 12:46:21 pm »
Marina,

I'm sorry for you, your friend and of course the dog that would have had a great home.  Lets hope the home it was placed in works well.

Have you ever looked at the Scottsville Animal Hospital and adoption website?  They are in Rochester - only an hour from you (I can generally help transport).  I would have to check the site to see if they adopt outsider our area.  Anyway, I have been checking with there site frequently looking for grown dogs and pups; they travel to high kill shelters and pull dogs they feel they can adopt out.

I think this is their site:
www.petadoptio n.cc/contact.htm

They had a dog I had my eye on; but it found a good home - yeah Ginger!!  and then a puppy my daughter, hubby and I all liked, we decided to wait a week because this is quite possible the very worst time for us to get a pup - but decided the pup needed a home for the holidays - but it was also adopted (by a vet tech who lives on a few acres - her name was Happy and I think she will be).  We know that eventually there will be a dog/pup for us and it will probably be from this organization.

Anyway just a thought.

Randy

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 12:57:14 pm »

I received an email from the transport person now i never met him i only spoke with him on the phone. He sent me this email i guess there are still some kind people left in this world! Now my search starts again i am looking for a smaller dog JRT maybe Boston Terriers between the age 2 and 3. Marina

______________ ______________ ____________
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 6:14 PM
To: idiggardening@roadrunner.com
Subject: RE: dog transport

Wanted you to know - I'm sorry it didnt work out. You sounded very disappointed - hope things work out better the next time.
To: kodiakdawg@hotmail.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 02:36:46 -0500
Thank you! Marina 716-803-1388

There is nothing more rewarding than the wag of a tail and a big sloppy kiss, from a dog who knows you are giving him that second chance of finding a forever home.
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 11:20 PM
To: idiggardening@roadrunner.com

i'll talk to you on Sunday around 11am
i will not be leaving Albany til around 4pm
To: kodiakdawg@hotmail.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 15:28:53 -0500

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Please call me or email me you have been the only person with a direct route thank you very much! Marina 716-803-1388

Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 9:23 PM
To: comm-984602963@craigslist.org
Subject: dog transport

i'm driving to Buffalo on Sunday 1/11/09 from Albany

I may be able to help - email me the details if you are still looking
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 11:18:43 am »
The crazy woman has posted the poor dog again today listing the dog as a male???????????? I emailed her and ask if she had been return. No answer yet Poor pup. Marina
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 02:01:38 am »
The crazy woman has posted the poor dog again today listing the dog as a male???????????? I emailed her and ask if she had been return. No answer yet Poor pup. Marina

The woman will not answer my emails now and i am wondering how i would report her to petfinder as promising then giving the dog to another person taking the dog back and so on and so forth!
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

Viking Lady

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 05:16:05 am »
That is all weird. What would her motive be in doing all that? Or is she just nuts?