Author Topic: Runts.  (Read 7918 times)

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Newly Newf'd! Runt questions too!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 02:28:00 am »
Hi Chantel!  My only experience with a "runt" was my first dog Cinders.  My parents got her for free at a garage sale when I was a little over a year old.  She was a black lab mix and nobody wanted her.  She grew up to be the smartest, gentlest, and best all-around dog that I've ever known.  She lived for 17 years - made it until I was a senior in high school when cancer finally took her.  I'm sure your little Gilly will enjoy a long, healthy, and happy life as well!  

Offline GoofyNewfie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 09:02:14 am »
Good job on picking the runt-I love it when the "underdog" wins :)
Diesel, 6 month old Newf.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 09:53:28 am »
Quote from: ZooCrew on January 12, 2009, 10:15:10 am
That reminds me...........K eiko was the runt of her litter.  she had no health problems but was def. smaller.  Not by a huge amount, but the difference was very obvious by 4 mo of age.  My friend was originally going to keep one of the pups, and by 4 mo old, he was literally twice Keiko's size.

And yeah, I chose her b/c she had a more laid back personality than the others and was taking a nap while the rest were all running around crazily.  She was a good choice for a college student....... .....lol.

Posey was the runt and stayed the runt.......... .lol.  But then she is a mini while I believe the rest turned out standards. 

Which one is Kieko? I know you have the two little guys, the dane, and what breed is the other? (I've been studying my forum members, haha).

Keiko is my husky/shep mix.  She'll be 11 in April.  :)  Posey is my mini rat terrier (Nigel is a standard rattie).  And yes, Gunther my great dane.  ;)  Good job on remembering them all.  :D

KBNewf

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 01:28:16 am »
I can't wait to see pictures of Gilly as he gets older...make sure you take lots!! He is adorable, definitely going to be a handsome fella. In Koda's bunch there was a runt too and she was just the cutest and sweetest...her siblings would protect her, it was really cute. And everyone is right your pup is going to have the best life! Can't wait to see him! :)