Author Topic: How cold is too cold?  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
How cold is too cold?
« on: January 12, 2009, 12:54:55 pm »
Well, it has been ridiculously cold out lately and is supposed to get even worse this week.  Needless to say, I have not been enthusiastic about walking the dogs but Sophie is awful if she doesn't get exercise;  so how cold is too cold for walking?  Is it safe to walk the dogs when it is 20/10/0/-5?  I know they have fur but if my eyeballs feel like they're going to freeze, aren't the dogs' noses and eyes cold too, and their feet?  Just wondering what you guys think!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: How cold is too cold?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 01:04:20 pm »
I guess I should consider myself lucky that my guys really don't go stir crazy if not walked.  I suffer from poor circulation so long walks literally will freeze my hands and feet.  So mine rarely get walked or taken to the park once it drops below 40.

But they do run around in the yard, everyone bundled up except for Keiko who loves this kind of weather.

lookingfornewf

Re: How cold is too cold?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 02:31:18 pm »
I don't know if it can get too cold out for Clifford. At -5f He still wants to go lay on the deck and then barks at you to come out and play it's such a beautiful day. The colder it gets the more energy he gets.
Annie likes to play in the snow too, but she gets shivery even with a coat on so I have to watch out for that.