Author Topic: Sad Sad Story!  (Read 3298 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Sad Sad Story!
« on: January 19, 2009, 01:04:55 am »

Well i rescued a Carin Terrier/Yorkie Teacup!It is a very sad story. A woman was running a puppy mill out of her house she had quite a few dogs in the projects. A friend of mine had given me her phone # and said she needs to find homes for the 7 puppy's that were still alive. They were born at the end of Oct 2008.I was to meet her at 5:30pm and i arrived early there was a man that answered the door and told me that the woman i was looking for was not there he also informed me that they were not giving the pups away they were selling them for 700.00.I some how had miss placed my cell phone so i had no way to call her. He told me go down the street and use the phone it was 4 degrees out! So i went down the street to look for a phone i found one it did not work. I then went back to the house and the woman was there. They had garbage bags taped to the windows and the was no furniture in the home just the dogs in cages.
He comes over to me and says i can get 700.00 for these dogs i said i am not here to buy the puppies i am here to find them homes. She told me they never feed them dog food just people food when i ask. She finally let them out of there small crate and 6 tiny tails were running around plus the mom who looked like toto.I t really was said they were all malnourished and so tiny it broke my heart it took everything in me not to cry. The man said here you can have this one and hand me a urine covered brillo pad of a pup all you cold feel was bones.I put him in the car and came back to the door and ask them if i could give them some $ for dog food later on realizing they were never going to buy dog food with it. I have found a foster home for him he was starving and very thirsty and still through all of negligent his little tail just kept on wagging! Foster mom says he is really high spirited and loving being out of the crate he lived in. His little claws were turned under since they never let him out of the crate. I am going to post some pics and we are calling him Oliver for right now ! Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Re: Sad Sad Story!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 02:15:33 am »
Thanks so much for helping this little guy!  Oliver is just adorable! 

Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 03:15:05 am »
Awww poor little guy. I'm sure he is so happy to be out of that horrible place. Is there anyway you could turn them in to the local humane officer to shut them down?
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 05:30:02 am »
Awwwe, he is adorable!  I'm glad you were able to get him out of that situation.
I agree, is there a way you can report them?  Malnourished puppies with overgrown nails must be considered neglect.  Not to mention the fact they live in a crate!  >:(

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 12:32:54 pm »
Update Oliver is doing very well i took him to the vet and he had the worse case of worms they have ever seen. After i took him to the vet we went to Bryce's school and they groomed him not much to groom but he smells good!Everyone has been so nice the vet didn't charge me and neither did the groomer!
I just know he will find a loving home soon! Marina
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 01:11:47 pm »
You mean you're not keeping him?  ;D

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 01:28:30 pm »
You mean you're not keeping him?  ;D

your funny i wish i could!Although he hasn't bonded with me thank god for that or he might be coming home with me.
Bryce would love him he is smaller then my cats! Marina
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 02:30:30 pm »
Poor little baby, you are an angel for helping the furbaby.

I think they should get the people who run puppy mills and make them live in the deplorable conditions that they subject the dogs to. >:(
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla