Author Topic: Golden retriever Lovers~!  (Read 20147 times)

Offline goldenretrievers7

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Golden Home
Golden retriever Lovers~!
« on: April 08, 2005, 09:12:29 am »
Is there any golden retriever owners on this site?  I would love to hear from you!
Golden Hugs,
Joyce and my Golden Gang
He is your friend, your partner, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader, He will be yours faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart, You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Offline MELILUVANNIE

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Golden retriever Lovers~!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 10:50:22 am »
HOW DO YOU PUT A PICTURE UP OF YOUR ANIMAL??? MINES A GOLDEN!! SHE'S SO BEAUTIFUL??  ??? ??? ???

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Golden Home
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 11:05:09 am »
If you go to additional options right under the text box you can browse and select one of your pictures! I would LOVE to see a picture of your golden!!!!!!!
Golden Hugs,
Joyce and my Golden Gang
You are his life, his love, his leader, He will be yours faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart, You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Golden Home
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 11:09:00 am »
Just took this picture of two of my goldens.  Montana is 9 years old and Spirit is almost 11 months
Golden Hugs,
Joyce and my Golden Gang

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Golden Home
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 11:11:41 am »
This picture is of Madison (dark golden) she will be one years old this month, Dakota who is two and Spirit almost 11 months.
Golden Hugs,
Joyce and my Golden Gang

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Golden Home
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 11:13:06 am »
This one is of Shannon who is 4 years old and Bear who will be nine years old this mont.
Golden Hugs,
Joyce and my Golden Gang

Offline capapherra

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 12:12:56 pm »

Hi i'm new to the site, thought you would like to see a photo of my two Oliver 30 months and Gracie 18 months.  I am hoping to breed from gracie in a few months time both her hip and eye results were really good  any advise would be appreciated.   

Offline meg

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 01:28:04 pm »
Hi, I am the  owner of a five month old female....she sure has a mind of her own....how old is yours?

Offline Espanara24

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 05:24:48 pm »
Hello!  I am the proud owner of two Goldens.. can't imagine owning any other type of dog.  Dakota turned 1 on Dec. 25th and is a carmel colored girl.  Brooklyn is from a different litter and is a yellow golden - she just turned 1 on April 2nd.  I am hoping to breed Brooklyn next year because I would really like a male Golden.  We live in NE Phoenix and I love to take the girls running to the grassy field at the high school.  Tell me a little about your Golden(s).  
I previously owned small dogs before..but now am hooked on the Golden's because they are soo intelligent, playful and love kids.  My nieces come over and get licked to death by both Dakota and Brookie - altho Dakota is a little less tolerant..she will growl if the kids try to bother her when she is sleeping.  Can't wait to hear about your goldens..  Take care!  Robin

Offline capapherra

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2005, 02:00:18 pm »
Oliver was two on the 1st September and gracie was One on the 26th september, Gracie is Olivers auntie.  He had such a nice temprement that when my husband and I decided to get another we went back to debbie who had a litter planned from Olivers Granmother ::).

We have a stud already picked out for Gracie and have good  homes for at least six puppies. we live in Cardiff UK and are Member of GRCof wales

Offline Ingrid

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 02:20:23 pm »
Hi all

I'm new here since a few minutes.  My name is Ingrid and I live in Belgium.  Together with my husband  we own 5 retrievers (almost 6).
We have 3 golden retrievers and 2 nova scotia duck tolling retrievers. Their names are Luca, Anika, Whisper, Xander and Layla.
Layla is our first home bred Golden.
We train some obedience and hunting. Beside that all we do alot of shows.

Greetings Ingrid
(hereby a picture of Layla during her first hunting training)

Offline kate7047

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2005, 08:42:12 pm »
Hi!
I have a beautiful 1 1/2 year old Golden named Holly.  We used to have her uncle, Jesse, too.  Unfortunately, we had to have him put down last November at age 6 after a struggle with nasal chondrosarcoma .  He was treated at the University of Florida vet school with a high tech treatment called "frameless stereotactic radiotherapy" and it did him alot of good.  He had an extra year of good quality.  He was such a gentle guy.  I still really miss him.  But Holly is a riot! She is a tennis ball retrieving MANIAC.  Sometimes she also likes to retrieve the cat.  However, the cat is NOT amused...
Kate

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2005, 08:50:53 pm »
Ingrid, I love Layla's action shot. Is that a real duck? How is her training going overall? It looks so fun!

Offline Ingrid

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2005, 05:53:39 am »
Hi Bear!

Yes it's a real duck.  It was her first time with game but she just retrievers about anything.
Her overall training is great.  She has an enormous "Will to Please".  So hopefully we'll start doing some competion at the end of the year...

Greetings Ingrid

Offline BarbFox

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 08:12:30 pm »
Hi everyone :-)  I'm new to this message board also.  I have a male Golden named Levi.  He will be 2 on July 5.  He is such a love, and we have so much fun with him.  I think his favorite activity is going to the dog park in the morning.  He isn't much of a dogs dog, but would much rather just keep chasing as many tennis balls that I'll throw to him.  He feels the need to wash off the balls in the 5 gallon water buckets, then go run again in the dirt.  He is a muddy mess by the time we leave. Gratefully our dog park has a great area where I can hose him off before we leave!  His most annoying activity, is stealing napkins from our lap, or helping himself to any dish towel that happens to have a corner hanging over the countertop.  Needless to say, socks and shoes are fair game too, but he never hurts them, he just retrieves them and brings them to us.  We are going to begin soon with him being a therapy dog.  I'm looking forward to that. 

I've tried several times to upload a picture, but it says the file is too big.  Help! ~Barb