BPO Breeding Forum > Breeding Questions & Information

Mix breeding on purpose what are your views?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Viking Lady:

--- Quote from: El'skids on January 19, 2009, 12:12:42 pm ---Not a fan of hap-hazard breeding, but $400 is not a purebred price. Most purebreds of these breeds run upwards of $1000.

Hate the practice no matter what she charges.

--- End quote ---

Uh...........I might have accidently gotten generic.

People Whisperer:
It is people's fault that breeder's like her exist!
If they went to the shelter instead and adopted poor mutts instead of paying $400 it would discourage mixed breeding  :-\ And let me tell you $400 is a LOT for mixed breed puppy that is not spayed. Those people do get quite a profit  >:(
I am SOOO against these practices  >:( >:( >:(

Jas2Cats:
That is so wrong on so many fronts~!  Sounds more like a backyard breeder than a reputable one~!

I do have to admit that I got Woody from someone who purposely bred their German Shorthair (AKC champ at that) with the Weimarainer/Lab mix from next door, 'cause they "thought it would make for cute puppies"~!  >:(  In any case for that, I only had to pay $20 for him.  If those idiots didn't do that, I wouldn't have had my great Momma's boy for the last 13 years.

BritnyLe:
I'm posting a link below to her site. I have never personally met her but I tried to email her multiple times to talk to her about her saint bernard puppies and she responded once with a generic email stating price and info listed on her site and never responded after that.

jesday:

--- Quote from: Viking Lady on January 19, 2009, 12:24:46 pm ---I'm the wrong person to answer.......b ut I'm gonna anyway.

I love mutts. I had a lab/collie mix who was wonderful in every possible way. My three oldest kids grew up with him and he was everything from a protector of them and our property, to a big pillow that they laid on. But, now some people will hate this, his mother was a collie and his father was a yellow fellow down the road. It was a natural event.

My daughter has a puppy that she paid $$$ for and I can't even remember what the little guy is. It either ends with poo or tsu or doodle. I don't know. But this breeder did the same thing, mixed 'em up. Seems weird to me.

--- End quote ---

Not bashing the mixed breed by any means. Love them all. It's the deliberateness of it that is bothersome. With so many mixed out there already, to purposely create more is not responsible. Reputable breeders are careful to match healthy animals, whereas the backyard breeder mating willy-nilly has such potential to create pups with lifetime health issues, particularly with the large breeds.

Aack, thump - I just fell off my soap box.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version