Author Topic: What am I thinking? lol  (Read 5925 times)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Re: What am I thinking? lol
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2005, 01:13:53 pm »
Lyn - do it!!!  I think it would be great!...Willow is only 14 wks and I was just talking about a new pup....lol  The poms really aren't interested in playing with the new pup.... 

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005, 01:35:56 pm »
Get a puppy get a puppy. A Newf pup that is... ;). I am still waiting for a house to get another baby...
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2005, 01:59:43 pm »
lol - talk about peer pressure....

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2005, 02:17:58 pm »
Doooooo iiiiittttttt!!  I regret having to wait so long to get another dog.  I could do nothing about it, as I could hardly afford one at the time, but I do wish I was able to get one when Keiko was younger.  I waited 5 yrs before I could get Gunther, and that is just toooooo long.  She is now 7, and does not play much, although she can still kick his butt if she so chooses.

Lyn

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2005, 03:01:20 pm »
Peer pressure is good.. it's just giving me more incentive.  ;D

Let me explain my situation so you can all understand why I'm not so sure now is the time. Right now we (my hubby, son and I) live with my parents. I know.. LOL I'm a grown woman living with my parents as pitiful as that sounds. BUT we moved in here to help them out financially, which in turn help us out also. I discussed getting Bubba with them and they were cool with it. But I don't know how they would feel about another large dog. My parents have a toy poodle that is the crankiest dog I have ever met. She bites Bubba on a daily basis. lol

But who knows they may not mind.. I really haven't discussed it with them yet. But technically it is there house.  :-\

I just re-read my post.. that just sounds odd... the having to discuss it with my parents part. God I feel like a teenager again. LOL

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2005, 03:05:16 pm »
getting anothe big dog may ease the need for biting by the poodle...the two big dogs will have each other...  at least this is what I am telling myself cause I want another big dog also...lol

Kiahpyr

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2005, 03:12:28 pm »
I want another big dog too, but my hubby says we don't have the room. :( I know Kiah would really enjoy having someone to play with. If I did get a second dog I would like a landseer newf.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2005, 03:36:39 pm »
oh - what do husbands know?!?!?1  Thats why I got rid of mine...lol

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2005, 04:11:44 pm »
I say go for it, everyone should have more than one dog....lol.  I went from one dog to 3 dogs in less than 2 months and it was the best thing I ever could have done.  Now I don't feel bad if something comes up and I can't give them much attention, they have each other.  I have a sophisticated 5 1/2 yr.old doberman...lol, a 1yr.old dobie mix and a 5 month old Boston terrier/valleybulldog, the 2 youngest keep each other busy ALL THE TIME.... its wonderful.

Believe it or not 3 dogs is WAY easier than one dog.