Author Topic: Up a tree without a bone  (Read 3375 times)

lins_saving_grace

Up a tree without a bone
« on: January 24, 2009, 01:47:08 pm »
Dexter is getting to be quite a handy little man. My brother says his behavior is getting better and training is going well.  I take it they are using the backpack as a training tool to give him a purpose and distract him from making trouble.
I'm not sure what's in the backpack, but it might have something to do with tree climbing, tree trimming, or barking up a tree.  :)  i've never seen a dog climb a tree.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Up a tree without a bone
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 02:34:26 pm »
If Dexter part Coonhound? They are known as treedogs. They tree racoons. I have seen picture of them in trees, if the tree is leaning over and has forks in it, so it lends itself to climbing.Coond ogs have strong prey drive and are very determined.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 02:38:30 pm »
i'm not sure...he's a mix and came from a pound.  I don't think my brother even knows what he's a mix of.  he's part weird and goofy that's for sure.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 02:51:10 pm »
Coonhounds can definitly be goofy. I have Dozer and he is a Bluetick Coonhound. Dexters back half looks like Dozers markings, but his head reminds me of a Beagle or a Walker Hound.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 03:37:31 pm »
i bet you're right.  he is marked funny for a beagle.  And he has those floppy hound ears.  I know beagles howl and bark a lot, but I've heard him on the phone (not that Dexter calls me) and he is a howler.  He's a cute mix. 

lorim2

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 12:15:35 am »
He is darling!  Those pics are adorable.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 12:11:00 pm »
Oh Lin!  He's precious!!!  I want to touch his silky soft ears!!!  The tree climbing?  My dads Jack Russel PIMA does that.  :D  It's really funny to see, she'll chase a squirrel right up any tree that is on a slight angle.  :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 12:42:15 pm »
He's darling.
I def. see some beagle but there def. could be some coonhound or even foxhound in him.

I know of a westie that is notorious for going up 20 ft or more into a tree.......... .lol.

My guys will climb to get at a squirrel.  heck, even gunther tried, but he was too big........... lol. (he didn't fit)