Great Pyrenees > Great Pyrenees Discussions

Pyr/collie mix wondering how big he might get?And intro :)

<< < (2/3) > >>

GoldenPyrs:
Shedding, what shedding??  LMAO!  With 2 Pyrs and a Golden mix (her coat is allll Golden) here, it's more like tumble weeds than just fur.  I have to vacuum every other day or so, and we're still deadly to vacuums.  We finally decided that if we kill another poor vacuum, we're going to try to  spring for a Dyson, so I do sympathize. 

Seriously though, welcome to you and your pups! I've had a big crush on Rollie for quite some time now (my childhood dog was a collie  :-*), so I especially can't wait to hear more about your Charlie.  Maybe someday I'll find my very own Pyr/Collie mix on Petfinders.   :)   8)

Tonda:

--- Quote from: GoldenPyrs on January 26, 2009, 11:57:23 am ---We finally decided that if we kill another poor vacuum, we're going to try to  spring for a Dyson, so I do sympathize. 

--- End quote ---

Just FYI: I thought the Dyson was crap (esp on dog hair). I swear by Rainbow though. It's a water filtration vacuum and it freaken ROCKS! It costs more than the Dyson, but you can sometimes find them used for cheap (got mine for $130 on Craigslist). And they last forever . . .

GoldenPyrs:

--- Quote from: MastiffOverload on January 26, 2009, 12:18:40 pm ---
--- Quote from: GoldenPyrs on January 26, 2009, 11:57:23 am ---We finally decided that if we kill another poor vacuum, we're going to try to  spring for a Dyson, so I do sympathize. 

--- End quote ---

Just FYI: I thought the Dyson was crap (esp on dog hair). I swear by Rainbow though. It's a water filtration vacuum and it freaken ROCKS! It costs more than the Dyson, but you can sometimes find them used for cheap (got mine for $130 on Craigslist). And they last forever . . .

--- End quote ---

Hmmm good info, thanks!  We've had central vac in our last few houses and loved it.  Unfortunately, it would cost ~2K to retrofit into this house, so that's not happening and the ~$500 for a Dyson isn't in the budget right now either.  If we kill this poor vac, I'll look into used Rainbows, thanks.  (Tee hee, that sounds funny...where can you buy a used rainbow, anyway!  :D  ;))

truckerdave:
I have a Pyr/Artic Wolf hybrid. He's about 14 months old now and hasn't shed any hair yet. His hair looks almost like sheep's wool. How big will your dog get? Anyones guess.

Anniekins:
Oh my gosh, I would loe to see a picture of your wolfie Pyr. I have wondered if Charlie had some wolf in him because of his eyes.

Anne

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version