Author Topic: In Loving Memory of My Daughter  (Read 5194 times)

Offline Berner_Mom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • My fur-kid, Tucker, at 16 months.
    • View Profile
In Loving Memory of My Daughter
« on: January 27, 2009, 12:21:14 pm »
My daughter, McKenna, was stillborn May 27, 2007, at 40 weeks, 1 day gestation, after suffering a fetomaternal hemorrage while still in my womb.
She weighed 6 lbs, 15.7 oz and was 21 inches long. Her due date was May 25.

She is our only daughter so far.  It took us two years to conceive her, and we have been trying for another baby since August 2007.

Its the hardest thing my husband and I have ever gone through.  McKenna is very much loved and missed by us, and her aunts, uncles, grandparents.

She was with us only a brief time, but has changed all our lives forever.

Tucker (my BMD) is 11 months old today.  He was my Mother's Day present last May, because I should've been celebrating it with my almost 1 year old daughter.....n ot planning a 1 Year Memorial service.

I just wonder if there are any others out there on this thread who have lost children, and want you to know you are not alone.

((HUGS))
Sarah

"There is no footprint so small that it can not leave its mark on the world."

Sarah
Mom to daughter, McKenna,
With us for 40 weeks, 1 day
Silently Born Into Eternity
on May 27, 2007

Mom to fur-kids:
Tucker, 16 months, BMD
Echo, 6 years, Siamese
Simba, 2 years, Orange Tabby
Mom to one reptile-teenager,
Trevor, 16 years, red-eared slider turtle

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: In Loving Memory of My Daughter
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 12:32:04 pm »

I am sorry to hear this and know the pain you feel although i have not experienced this i know the feeling of loss. To lose one close to you has to be the most painful feeling people,friends even people i talk to about my mom who passed away from Breast Cancer say the know how i feel and time will heal all but......... they really don't know the pain i feel everyday. I wish i could just have one more conversation with her i would like to pick up the phone and call her. There is a pain in my heart everyday to make the most of each day time goes by at such a fast rate.You are in my thoughts Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 12:35:41 pm »
I can't find words to fully convey what I'm feeling right now.   :'(  We came so very close to losing our oldest son at birth to brain bleeds from severe birth trauma.  So there isn't a day that goes by that I don't know how blessed we are to have him with us.

I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for your loss.  :'(  You and your husband will be in my prayers.  ((big hug))
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline BritnyLe

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 02:47:30 pm »
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it doesn't really help the pain. My boyfriend/best friend/first love died when I was 17. We got into a fight on night and he thought I was leaving him and committed suicide. I know it's not the same but I can relate to your pain and some of things you had to go through. I got Roxi a few weeks after he died because I fell into a deep depression and Roxi was the one that kept me going, she would cuddle up with me at night and lick me whenever I'd start crying. It was really hard because I had just moved into a new town and had a custody changed so he was the only person I really had and when he died I was devestated and Roxi was a big help.

Me and my current boyfriend have been together for about two years and had tried to concieve for 8 months with no success. After many pills and multiple tests I was told that I only had a 10% chance of ever having a baby due to complications with me not ovulating. Being told that when I had just turned 19 was devestating. All I ever wanted was to be a stay at home mom, and you kind of need kids for that.

I found out last November that I was pregnant and my conception date was around October 19th. The doctors were shocked. My due date is July 16th. We're very excited and although he hasn't proposed yet, me and Chris plan on getting married as soon as he can afford the ring I want. LOL! Anyway I just hope things go ok and I know I would be heart broken if anything happened. When I first found out I was so paranoid about having a miscarriage I'd freak out if I didn't get sick one day and I'd call the doctor and she'd just laughed and tell me not to stress out. I hope everyday that everything goes ok.

I hope you're doing ok! And if you ever need anything I'm always here to talk to!
Hades: 2 year old, Saint Bernard/Great Dane/English Mastiff mix
Jypsi: 8 week old Cocker Spaniel/Australian Cattle Dog mix
Kane aka Poe, Kira, Karma, Kalypso, and Krystal my kitty kids
A ball python
Otis the rabbit

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 03:08:15 am »
Very sorry for your loss..

The pain of loss is something we all have that connects us..

I am sure McKenna, keeps watch on you and your family..

You are in our prayers

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 03:31:41 am »
Very sorry for your loss..

The pain of loss is something we all have that connects us..

I am sure McKenna, keeps watch on you and your family..

You are in our prayers

Very well said! Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats