Author Topic: Maia doesn't take well to strangers...  (Read 6346 times)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Maia doesn't take well to strangers...
« on: August 16, 2005, 06:32:04 am »
which does not benefit while trying to sell my house.  Maia guards the yard.  She barks at anyone she doesn't know who comes to the fence.  Her tail is going the whole time but she is nervous.

She gave the realtor the whole treatment last night with barking and growling.  The dogs will both be in the shed which is 6 x 8 inside with 10 x 8 shaded outside area.  Do you think it is necessary to put a sign up for people not to pet the dogs or should I give everyone the benefit of the doubt that they are smart enough to stay away when a 119 lb dog is barking and growling?

I know Maia should not have this behavior but I can't fix it right now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 01:16:08 pm by greek4 »
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Icerotti

Re: Maia doesn't take well to strangers...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 06:36:46 am »
I would put a sign up. For liability sake.  ;)

Some people are lacking in common sense. ::)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 06:38:35 am »
Yeah, that is what a figured.  I just didn't want to give my guys a bad rap but I also don't want to pay out my arse if she does snap at someone.

Maia loves people just not at first when they try to come into her yard.  She could care less if they come into the house just the yard.
Thanks,

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 06:40:31 am »
I know what you mean it feels like you are labelling your own dog.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 07:01:38 am »
Are you going to be putting them back there for open houses only or all the time until the house is sold?

If you have a doggy daycare or someone whose house the dogs could go to, I would consider doing that for your open houses, since that's when the most people will be coming and freaking Maia out
RIP former BPO

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 09:18:42 am »
They will only be in the pen when I am at work during the day.  When I am home and people come to look I will take them with me, other times it will be life like normal, they will still have free roam of the house when I am there.

I thought about boarding them for the whole time I am selling my house but Rocco is already freaking out and it really just wouldn't be fair to them.
Thanks,

GR8DAME

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 12:03:09 pm »
Put up the sign. You can't count on the general public to have the common sense of a flea.
Is there a lock-box on your house that the realitor would show it when you're not home? If not, could the dogs stay inside?
Stella

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 01:36:47 pm »
Do you think it is necessary to put a sign up for people not to pet the doors

Yeah, I definitely don't think people should be petting your doors.  Those are not the kind of people you want looking at your house.  What is this world coming to, when people go around petting other people's doors?  You are the only one that should be allowed to pet your doors.  Everyone else.......... .HAND'S OFF!!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 01:16:42 pm »
Do you think it is necessary to put a sign up for people not to pet the doors

Yeah, I definitely don't think people should be petting your doors.  Those are not the kind of people you want looking at your house.  What is this world coming to, when people go around petting other people's doors?  You are the only one that should be allowed to pet your doors.  Everyone else.......... .HAND'S OFF!!
I fixed the original post, now it talks about my dogs not my doors.
Thanks,

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 01:28:07 pm »
ZooCrew that cracked me up! If people did go around petting doors I'd be a little leary of them too.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 01:33:39 pm »
if they like the door so much imagine what they'll think of the rest of the house!  let them PET YOUR DOORS.  put a welcome mat on your stoop saying please pet my doors! 

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 01:46:47 pm »
A different realtor came last night.  She was more into the dogs and she likes to be at the house for all showings in order to make sure everything is in order.  She is willing to move the dogs to the yard from their cages when people come see the house.  Maia even liked her and didn't try to eat her for lunch.

Thanks,

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 01:50:50 pm »
A different realtor came last night.  She was more into the dogs and she likes to be at the house for all showings in order to make sure everything is in order.  She is willing to move the dogs to the yard from their cages when people come see the house.  Maia even liked her and didn't try to eat her for lunch.

I like realtors like that.  I always ran home when I knew there was a showing and drove the dog around for a little while till they were gone.  I can't imagine doing that with Lady and Grace.   Realtors get paid a lot of money...I think they should be expected to take the dogs out even if they do loose a leg in the process.  For 7% it's a small sacrifice.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 06:22:56 am »
I agree, people only need one leg anyway.
Thanks,